Sherwood Park, AB
Performing Arts Assistant – Festival Place
The Performing Arts Assistant provides support for performers and the Artistic Director/Facility Supervisor at Festival Place. This position is responsible for gathering background information about performers, creating website and promotional information and ensuring artists’ hospitality.
- Prepare artists contracts for the purpose of ensuring contract is complete, accurate and meets expectations of the Artistic Director/Facility Supervisor and Festival Place
- Maintain the venue database including customer preferences and Festival Place Rewards Program; provides periodic email distributions; manages Excel spreadsheets to monitor monthly Presenters Series performances
- Maintain contact with, and documents the booked of artists, including all accommodation, transportation, hospitality and local arrangements
- Collaboratively develops content and first drafts for posters, website, print materials and secures photographs
- Research upcoming performing artists; writes and uploads website content for promotional purposes
- Prepare documentation to support artist appearances including contracts for all artists and the activities associated with their appearance
- Maintain excellent public relations when responding to telephone and in person inquiries and information for Festival Place and other Recreation Parks and Culture programs
- Perform general office activities and other duties as assigned to support the success of Festival Place
- Ensure positive working relationships with contacts to facilitate ongoing business
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director and Festival Place public relations, graphics and marketing counsel to develop print, radio, T.V. and social networking opportunities
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks concurrently and handle a high volume of work while ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and deadlines are met
- A self-starter with a high level of creativity and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, manage a variety of interests and balance stress and pressure
- Attentive listener with skills to accurately implement specific instructions
- High school diploma and a minimum of two years’ experience in a performing arts or related environment
- Completion of an arts administration program or bachelor’s degree in an applicable field is an asset
- Strong interest and/or practical experience in performing arts
- Knowledge of CLASS registration/booking software as well as Word and Excel and ticketing software system would be an asset
- Ability to lift, handle and transport equipment
- Some physical activity required including lifting, handling/transporting equipment etc.
- Flexible schedule required to meet job objectives
Conditions of Employment
Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #201-2019-EXT-RPC closes July 07, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.
Sherwood Park, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jun 24, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)