Our growing national media company is seeking a Managing Editor/Content Strategist who will be responsible for editorial content across our platforms including curation, development and publishing. Our content focuses on music, fashion, culture, travel and lifestyle and we require an editor deeply versed in current pop culture and emerging trends.
Our well connected candidate will be a highly skilled editor and writer, well organized and committed to deadlines. You are passionate about collaborating with other writers, editors and contributors. You are a creative problem solver and are eager to develop and execute strategies to grow and engage our audiences across all platforms.
You will be joining a rapidly expanding company with big ambitions and a commitment to growth. We are looking for an innovator as excited as us by the opportunities in dynamic digital content as well as print.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience in a leadership role at a major market media environment with direct reporting relationships. Please supply examples of: writing, story ideas, page layouts, digital innovation and more.
The Managing Editor will report to Editor/Publisher Michael Hollett and will work from the Beatroute Toronto offices at 26 Duncan St.
The Manager Editor will have a key role in leading and creating editorial content for both the print monthly and the digital daily. They will help recruit contributors, generate story ideas, write stories and edit copy. This includes editing copy from all Beatroute cities and supporting editors in other cities as is required.
The Managing Editor will work with the editor/publisher, the Creative Director and Senior Editor in Western Canada to generate story and content ideas for all platforms.
The Managing Editor will work directly with the Creative Director and Editor/Publisher throughout the deadline process and as needed until final completion of each monthly issue.
The Managing Editor will not contribute to other media without prior agreement of editor/publisher.
The Managing Editor, when asked, will represent Beatroute in and on media, at industry panels and other public events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership role at a major market media environment with direct reporting relationships
- Experience understanding how content performs differently across marketing channels
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated and creative
- Superb attention to detail, flexible and adaptable
- Experience publishing content using a CMS (Content Management System)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well individually and/or in a team
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills
- Be creative in ways to engage partners and open up new channels for ad revenue
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Photo and video filming and editing skills an asset
- A passion for all things music and entertainment and the ability to see all content through the eyes of a music fan
26 Duncan St, 5th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||writing, editing, online, content, print media, digital media, social media|
|Posted:||Jun 25, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|