Assistant Director - Summer
Theatre Aurora is currently seeking a talented, creative, and enthusiastic Assistant Program Director for the Youth Summer Program for the 2019 season.
Youth will take part in a two week intensive where they learn theatre and acting skills, directly related to putting on a production of “The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet”. Youth will learn how to read and understand a script, how to grow and develop a character, and how to design and incorporate technical elements into a full production. Time in this program each day will be split between rehearsing the show and learning a bit about different theatrical techniques or elements. The culminating performance will take place on the afternoon of the last day.
- Provide mentorship, leadership and instruction for students as program and show director
- Direct a scripted play for performance at the end of the summer session
- Collaborate productively, positively and efficiently with the Program Coordinator, volunteers and technical team
- Be aware of budget constraints
- Demonstrate leadership and responsibility, hard-work and enthusiasm
- Actively participate in all designated meetings, rehearsals and performances
- Attend production meetings nearing program’s showcase/performance
- Experience as a stage director in the performing arts
- Relevant experience designing, delivering and leading youth theatre programs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism
$1000.00 CAD Summer Program
Summer Program: Monday to Friday July 15 – 26, 8am – 5pm
*ability to be flexible with hours leading up to performance*
At the end of the program the Theatre Aurora Board of Directors, by recommendation from the Youth Coordinator, may extend an invitation to renew the contract for the full theatre season.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your cover letter and resume with “Assistant Program Director (Summer), Youth Program” in the subject line to the Youth Coordinator.
We thank all applicants for their interests, however not all applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants will be asked for an outline detailing some curriculum ideas for the proposed program. The curriculum will be developed in conjunction with the program directors and the program coordinator.
Proposal might include: suggested rehearsal format, suggestions for workshops related to any/all aspects of theatre discipline, including but not restricted to acting, improv, voice, movement, and audition techniques.
**Interviews to take place the first week of July.**
Vulnerable Sector Check
Must be legal to work in Canada
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $1,000.00 /year
- English (Required)
Aurora, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 01, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|