Production Manager 2D
Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team!
Do you consider yourself an adaptable team player? Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to stay busy?
As the Production Manager on this series, you will assist the Producer in overseeing the production process, creating the departmental schedules, and managing members of the production crew to keep this show running at full steam! We are looking for someone who is incredibly organized and calm under pressure, passionate about the details, highly communicative and excited about joining a talented team of industry professionals working to create some of the best quality kids’ content in the business!
You will get to:
- Manage and organize all Production Departments and supervise the Production Coordinators for each Department
- Oversee the production’s progress, review reports, and flagg any issues to the Producer
- Review all script and animatic notes and ensuring that the team is balancing priorities and responding in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Producer and coordinators to create detailed plans and break downs of tasks for the team, ensuring the project remains on schedule
- Ensure all production work meets studio standards and is completed within the established deadlines
- Maintain the Directors’ schedules
- Liaise with clients and partners
- Monitor crew attendance and managing vacation requests
- Maintain communication with out-of-house freelancers and ensuring timely delivery of their assigned assets
- Coordinate with HR on staffing needs and specifics, and assisting with execution of deal memos
- Communicate with IT and Studio Operations regarding required work stations and software for the production crew
- Keep your “finger on the pulse” of the production floor
- Work on other projects and tasks as required
You will be a great fit on our team if…
- You have 1 or more years’ experience as a Production Manager on an animated feature and/or television series with a strong knowledge of animation pipelines
- You have 4 or more years’ experience coordinating production for animated features and/or television series
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant field (e.g. Entertainment/Media)
- You possess a strong ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize
- You can demonstrate effective and professional communication skills
- You love cartoons as much as we do!
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Experience in overseeing and motivating a talented and diverse crew
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge in Shotgun is a definite asset
- Experience with Animation Software such as Adobe Flash/Animate, Autodesk Maya, or ToonBoom Harmony is a strong asset
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jul 07, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)