The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Jul 23, 2019!
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Career Opportunity: Writer/Producer (Morning News)
About the Role:
Global Saskatoon is currently seeking a full time Writer/Producer to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to work early morning shifts, producing news content for Global News Morning. Applicants should be aware that all shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, and weekends are possible. This position reports directly to the News Manager, Sherri van der Veen.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Produce and write content for Global News Morning
- Guide the editorial direction of morning news content including live remotes
- Be a creative team leader with an overall vision for the show
- Assign and vet reporters as required
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Lead pre and post show production meetings with all members of the morning show
- Communicate breaking news and coordinate with Global Regina and the Network News Desk
- Provide guidance and feedback to other news and technical staff
- Chase, book and produce guests with a strong focus on local news and community events
- Keep current with local / national news and provide leadership when deciding how to cover these events in a morning newscast
- Work closely with the online team to write and post content for Globalnews.ca
- Perform other duties as required
What We Need from You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary diploma, certificate or equivalent, in a broadcasting or related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a news producer and demonstrated understanding of innovative production techniques and technology
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The successful applicant will be a proven leader that can work cooperatively with others in a teamwork setting
- Valid Driver’s licence
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Sherri van der Veen by July 23, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
218 Robin Crescent
Saskatoon, SK, CA
|Posted:||Jul 10, 2019|
|Closing:||Jul 23, 2019|