Communications Coordinator (Design & Branding)
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 13
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Communications & Marketing Team within the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (School) has a mission to protect, promote, and enhance the reputation of the School locally, nationally, and internationally.
This is achieved through the development of strategic communications plans, the development, production, implementation and management of print and online publications, and communications vehicles, through social media, through strategic marketing and branding, through events and promotional activities, media relations, and the implementation of key strategies which engage students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors.
A secondary mission is to strategically plan, develop, implement, promote, and manage the flow of internal communication and information while strengthening the internal culture of Schulich Medicine & Dentistry. It is through doing so that a greater sense of pride and belonging will be enhanced for all facets of the School and its various components through strategic communication initiatives and vehicles.
The Communications Coordinator will support the unit’s mission through the design and production of high-quality communication and marketing pieces, serve as the School’s brand manager working on all brand related projects, and providing support and guidance to all departments and partners on proper usage of visual identity for the School.
The incumbent will also support all internal communications at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry through production of a number of communication initiatives and vehicles. The overall goal of the Communications Coordinator will be to help position Schulich Medicine & Dentistry as a world-class education and research institution dedicated to shaping the future of health care.
- Completion of Post-secondary diploma in graphic design or visual arts
- Undergraduate University Degree in Communications/Marketing or Journalism is preferred
- 3 years’ experience in graphic design
- Experience working in an academic and/or health care environment is preferred
- Proven knowledge of effective graphic design in a variety of media (print brochures, posters, magazine layout, etc.)
- Highly proficient in the latest graphic design software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Excellent project management leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and proven writing and editing skills to create both marketing copy and news/features in journalistic style
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language and the ability to take direction and implement changes
- Advanced computer skills including web-based content management systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, file management and transfer systems
- Demonstrated understanding of structure and function of websites and other e-communication tools
- Influential interpersonal skills and knowledge of approaches and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner at all levels of the organization
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers, and internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service directly and indirectly to satisfy expectations
- Proven ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with an eye to consistently producing high-quality work and meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
London, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 12, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)