Hiring a full-time Digital Designer in Toronto, ON! We're looking for a "T-shaped" designer with a breadth of skills and a specialization in visual design for digital media to join our client's team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented team with great culture in the heart of Toronto's Financial District!
Perks You'll Love
- Work in the heart of the Financial District for a leading AI travel company
- Join a growing start up where you can learn new skills and take on responsibility
- Flexible working hours!
- A natural design thinker who loves to solve problems in collaboration with others
- Passionate about typography, layout, illustration, animation, visual storytelling, user experience and interaction design
- Able to work across a range of media from websites and user interfaces to brand marketing assets, communication materials, slide presentations and videos
- Familiar with the latest design and technology trends, including Responsive Design, CSS/Grid based layouts and Design Systems
- An excellent communicator who is able to work effectively with everyone from executives to interns
- Excited about the possibility of working at a small startup, wearing numerous hats and playing a role in shaping the role of design at the company, along with the future of corporate travel
What You're Bringing
This role will report to and work directly with our Head of Design, you will collaborate closely with product, development and marketing as the primary go-to for all day-to-day design tasks, which include):
- Creating and sourcing icons, illustrations and imagery
- Designing and building Powerpoint presentations
- Facilitating conversations and employing design thinking, sketching and rapid ideation in order to design, develop and test ideas in a lean/agile environment
- Creating user-flows, personas, customer journey maps, storyboards and other UX-related artefacts that help communicate ideas, concepts and interactions with their suite of Products.
- Designing pixel-perfect screens and UI elements for desktop and mobile applications
What You're Bringing
- 2+ years at a startup, technology company, digital agency or other similar role
- Recent graduate of 2-3 year related university/college program
- Strong layout, typography and graphic design
- Communication, Collaboration and Facilitation
- Personal time, task, file and asset management
- Familiarity or understanding of agile design and development methodologies, primarily scrum/sprint
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
Other Skills We'd Like to See
- Adobe After Effects and/or Animate
- Adobe Premier or similar
- FramerX or similar
- Procreate (iPad)
- Webflow and/or basic knowledge of front-end code
- Jira or similar agile task-management platform
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)