UM - Media Planner
UM believes that better science and better art deliver better outcomes to our clients in the media moments that matter most. We are a creative media agency, committed to blurring the lines between media and creativity, between data and content, between science and art. A global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with 4,800 people innovating on a roster of clients including Johnson & Johnson, Netflix, Bank of Montreal, The Hershey Company, Sobeys and Sony.
UM Canada looks for curious individuals who have the courage to be open and honest in order to deliver better science, art, and outcomes in the media landscape.
We are currently recruiting for a Media Planner.
The role of a Media Planner is to manage our media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Prepare, write and present integrated media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and that go beyond the brief.
- Maintain the media plan and regularly evaluate the campaign performance.
- Prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships by demonstrating your ability to be responsible, reliable, and resourceful.
- Initiate and coordinate the media buying process in order to deliver exceptional results.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the media plan.
- Responsible for accurate and timely client finance reports and budget control reports (BCRs).
- Ensure client budgets are managed and on track.
- Support the creation of campaign post reports.
- Source and evaluate proposals from media partners as required.
- Assist with document creation: presentations, visual summaries, schedules and reports.
- Prepare media POVs/evaluations.
- Remain up to date with latest updates from major media partners.
- Continue to proactively develop knowledge of the media landscape.
- Post-secondary education - University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in integrated media planning.
- Experience within an integrated advertising agency an asset.
- Driven desire to develop and excel in a media career.
- Client service oriented.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Proficient with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)