Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Wealthsimple Magazine, “An Online Money Magazine for People Who Care About More than Money,” is the editorial arm Wealthsimple, run by the former longtime Editorial Director of GQ Magazine. It features conversations with geniuses and weirdos, help with investing and taxes, and stories that help you understand the big strange world we live in — all told through the lens of money.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the editorial calendar and production workflow of all our Magazine stories
- Oversee the entire editorial process: track assignments, assign deadlines for contributors, assign art for stories, ensure freelancers are paid, etc. and ensure projects stay on track and deadlines are met
- Publish stories using our content management system, and keep them up-to-date as needed
- Coordinate with our freelancers (like copy editors, fact-checkers, and writers) to secure contracts, manage invoices, and make sure they’re set up for success
- Coordinate with internal teams like compliance, social media, and production to make sure stakeholders get the information they need
- Research and fact-check stories. Fill in the TKs with the right fact, data point or link
- Help the team source new writers and artists, and handle outreach
- Be an integral part of a small team that makes a lot of great money content, including special projects like videos and podcasts
We're looking for someone who:
- Brings 1-3 years of experience in an editorial or project management role
- Is supremely organized. Can simultaneously manage the production workflow for multiple stories
- Isn’t afraid to cold call (well, email) a writer or DM an artist on Instagram
- Is a good writer and an enthusiastic reader. You're into creating and consuming great content!
- Is obsessive about publishing the most interesting, useful, entertaining and absolutely accurate money content on the planet
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Wealthsimple focuses on Financial Services, Investment Management, Finance, Personal Finance, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, London, Toronto, and Brooklyn. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Wealthsimple has raised $31.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2015.
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Sep 03, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)