Postmedia Network Inc.
Media Sales Consultant
Position: Media Sales Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Manager, Media Sales
Location: Calgary, AB
Division: Postmedia Integrated Advertising
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The Calgary Herald/Sun has an immediate opening for a media sales professional. The successful applicant will contribute to the success of Postmedia by generating revenue with new advertisers and maximizing revenue with existing advertisers, with an emphasis on Digital Marketing Services, while providing outstanding customer service and results-based marketing consultations.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve and exceed planned annual revenue targets, pre-determined KPI levels and superior customer satisfaction;
- Spend the majority of their time generating new business, through net new clients, consistently seeking out new revenue opportunities, and targeting underdeveloped industries (ex. B2B);
- Focus revenue generation efforts, particularly with new clients, on developing Digital Marketing Services revenue through long term agreements;
- Alongside the Media Strategist, develop strategic marketing proposals that deliver ROI to advertisers by first understanding the customer’s needs and the audience they are trying to reach;
- Assist clients through the sales process, addressing concerns, overcoming objections, ensuring positive relationship management, and ultimately closing deals with assertiveness;
- Responsible for customer communications & relationship, while collaborating with multiple internal and external fulfilment partners;
- Stay current with emerging advertising trends, particularly digital media;
- Anticipate, analyze and communicate advertising sales trends to management;
- Provide accurate revenue projections (forecasts) on a regular basis and in a timely fashion.
Who you are:
- Strong understanding of the modern marketing landscape, with particular emphasis on Digital Marketing Services (ex. SEM, Social, SEO, Web Development, Mobile, Lead Generation, etc.);
- Ability to communicate complex marketing strategies and tactics, particularly Digital Marketing Services;
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiating, and closing skills;
- An energetic self-starter with a drive to succeed, able to work independently and demonstrate accountability;
- Strong time management skills, well-organized, effectively managing multiple demands, prioritized against key business objectives with tight deadlines;
- An ability to grow business while managing the existing business;
- Proactively embraces change; is consultative, positive, participative, enthusiastic, optimistic;
- Tenacious and persistent with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Builds respect and credibility with stakeholders by adding value;
- Actively influences, persuades and motivates people in a confident manner;
Should you be interested in this opportunity please include a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2020-10-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
Postmedia Network Inc.
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Oct 07, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)