DrugBank is a curated pharmaceutical knowledge base for precision medicine, electronic health records, and drug discovery. We are a dynamic, fast-paced Edmonton-based startup company that works in the B2B space. Our mission is to structure and organize the world’s pharmaceutical knowledge to enable advances in personalized medicine and drug development. We provide data solutions for drug development, and clinical software industries, and have a strong focus on companies looking to build data-driven technologies in the pharmaceutical and clinical spaces.
Join us and you will enjoy a bustling startup vibe where everyone has fun, cooperates, and sees the impact of their work.
Here at DrugBank we pride ourselves on being bold and setting ambitious goals for our company. We are fast-growing, highly motivated, and extremely hard working, and we celebrate our successes together. We’re the type of company that leans in and lends a hand, flexing our role muscles when necessary, and making sure we accomplish our goals.
As Graphic Designer, you will report directly to the Head of Product, and work closely with the Marketing, Product, and Brand teams. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, creative, thorough, and efficient. They will be comfortable taking complex, scientific information and making it human.
Reporting to the Head of Product, DrugBank’s Graphic Designer will:
- Work closely with, and be accountable to priorities from a number of departments.
- Be highly creative, and proficient in defining, ideating, and creating finished products.
- Have strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be comfortable with the freedom to explore and stretch creatively while still creating effective materials.
- Be coachable, and comfortable with constructive feedback.
- Work closely with the Head of Product for the delivery of final assets.
- Have experience in UX/UI practices, including wireframing, user testing, prototyping, and design.
- Be comfortable with vector illustrations in line with the DrugBank brand.
- Have experience in design for print and for web.
- Understand the importance of brand consistency.
- Have experience in customer research.
- Be flexible, have excellent time management skills, and will know how to juggle competing priorities.
- Understand that we are a customer-first company, and use a design-thinking mindset when developing assets.
- Bonus: Be proficient in animation and video editing.
- You have 2 - 5 years of graphic design experience
- You are able to ideate, iterate, and improve in your daily work.
- You’ve worked on a wide range of projects, and your portfolio reflects not only your creative skills, but ability to solve problems with design.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills, and are accountable.
- You have a desire to work in a fast-growing startup company that values transparency, collaboration, and hard-work.
- You want to be more than just an employee. You value entrepreneurship and being a part of a large community of startup companies.
- You have a positive attitude and a professional demeanour.
- You are self-directed, detail-oriented, and accountable.
- You are coachable and have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- You are a team player.
- You are flexible and can adapt to a high-volume, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You are a natural problem solver, and have a proven track record of finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- You have an impeccable sense of judgement, with a strong moral compass and uncompromising ethical framework.
- You’re comfortable with unknowns and ambiguity, and solving problems with a positive attitude.
- You have previous experience in working in a fast-paced work environment
- You have an understanding of B2B technology companies
- You are proficient at Mario Kart racing (or willing to learn)
The Technical Stuff
- You can legally work in Canada
- You have a high school diploma
- You want to work in downtown Edmonton *We are currently working remotely, but we will be back to the office at some point
- You have experience in high-stress, high-volume, fast-paced roles
- You are proficient with Apple products
- You have a strong expertise in Google Suite
- You have a strong expertise in Adobe Creative Suite - including Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator, and AdobeXD
At DrugBank you’ll work hard, learn quickly, and have plenty of excitement on a daily basis. Our company is constantly growing and evolving which means you will have lots of opportunity for learning, growth, and new challenges, and you will get to see the difference you make every day.
- We don’t just say we’re a work-life balance company, we truly action it
- We are workplace that strives for mutual respect, inclusivity, and diversity
- We believe in making an impact as a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Our team has a ton of autonomy, but the support of one another when we need it
- We care about the mental health and wellbeing of our team
- We are a team that believes in ideation, critical thinking, executing quickly on ideas, experimenting, and making mistakes
- We offer a competitive salary, a great benefits package, and generous time off policies
- We have a stocked snack bar, and unlimited coffee from local roastery The Colombian
- We really value spending time with each other, so we have team lunch Fridays where we order in and connect as a team
- We have lots of other great perks such as frequent company outings, events and get-togethers
- We are a company where everyone has a seat at the table and is responsible in helping to grow and shape the company
NOTE: PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR COVER LETTER OR RESUME.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- UX/UI: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)
- Wireframing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Oct 10, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)