Full Stack Developer (Contractor)
TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past eight years, we have built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in a strong position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products.
We are a family. We have fun. Design means everything to us and we have the technical chops to deliver what lesser programmers might describe as spooky magic. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and drive each other to achieve greatness.
Role Summary - Full Stack Developer (Contractor)
We are looking for a talented and experienced full stack developer who can participate in a wide range of design ranging from software architecture to UI and UX as part of TTT Studios’ new product development program. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices when it comes to developing web-based applications.
Although we support remote work (especially now due to the pandemic), we're only considering candidates based in the Vancouver area for this opportunity.
- Expertise in at least one of the front end frameworks (e.g. React, Vue).
- Expertise in at least one of the backend programming languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Java).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and/or document oriented databases such as MongoDB.
- Work closely with a small entrepreneurial team of product managers and product designers.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack software development
- 5+ years of experience building web-based applications
- In depth understanding of REST APIs, OOP, ORM, MVC architecture and related best practices.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- Experience with deploying applications with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Nice to have: Experience with Shopify APIs and developing software for the Shopify App Store.
- Nice to have: Shopify’s Liquid Templating knowledge and experience with Polaris Design System is considered an asset.
- Complete this application and include your CV. Please provide references.
- If your profile matches what we are looking for, we'll contact you and set up a short phone call.
- We will also set up an interview at our offices or via video conference. We'll talk about your experience, what do you think about patterns, architecture, and some common situations while developing an app.
- We will send you a coding challenge! You will be working with the team solving a specific task regarding an API and a backend service.
- After finishing the code challenge, we'll come to a decision.
A Day at TTT Studios
The work culture at TTT is second to none. On arrival, head to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix before joining the team in our open-plan office space. Once you've settled in, our engineering team will onboard you with our development processes and technical standards. Equipped with the tools you need, get ready to jump into action. Working from home is always an option.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More from Us
TTT Studios is an award winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We're ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.
If you’d like an insider look at TTT, be sure to check out our Employee Handbook which has been made publicly available for maximum transparency. In it, you’ll find details on company benefits, our vacation policy, code of conduct, and what it means to be part of our team at TTT Studios.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Oct 10, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)