Tracking & Layout Artist
The Tracking and Layout Artist is responsible for creating, matching, and extending the movement of live-action cameras within 3D software, and performing complex layout and matchmoving tasks that facilitate the precise integration of 3D characters, objects, and environments into the 2D scene.
- Prepare plates for use in 3D (downscale, remove lens distortion, etc.).
- Use 3D camera tracking software to accurately recreate the orientation and movement of live-action cameras within the 3D world space.
- Matchmove rigid and non-rigid objects on moving elements in the plate.
- Accurately layout the 3D scene in Maya using LiDAR scans, set surveys, reference photographs, camera data, distortion grids, CG characters, prop geometry, and scaling references.
- Create low-resolution 3D proxy geometry of objects in the scene as required.
- Promote a positive, productive, and collaborative work environment.
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in film and television photo-real projects.
- Proficiency in delivering high-quality camera tracking and layouts (both single shots & multiple camera setups).
- Expert knowledge of 3Dequalizer.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Maya.
- Working knowledge of Nuke and Houdini.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a keen eye for perspective, composition, camera physics and motion.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a lead or supervisor.
- Able to QC shots from other artists or vendors, providing useful and precise feedback.
- A broad knowledge of CG, comfortable matchmoving, asset build and lighting.
Reports to: Head of 3D
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 10, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)