Junior Graphic Designer
The Junior Designer at Skip’s in-house Creative Studio is responsible for helping develop conceptual ideas and visuals for various Skip marketing campaigns and projects, ranging from digital/social content to in-app communication pieces to restaurant partnership promotions. This includes cohesive visuals, clean layouts, and supporting design elements that reflect the SKIP brand.
The Junior Designer welcomes working under Senior Designers and the Associate Creative Director to contribute ideas and help bring ideas to life. Having learned the basic tools of the trade from schooling or previous experience, they are enthusiastic about graphic design and are ready to launch their career.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Conceive conceptual ideas through smart thinking and design
- Design for various mediums, including OOH, digital banners, and email
- Develop design solutions that reflect the SKIP brand and values
- Work closely under Senior Designers and the Associate Creative Director to help bring ideas to life
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Catalogue and reference art for future projects
- Collaborate with team members to develop visual conception and consistent approach
- Rationalize creative ideas and design executions and be open to constructive criticism and feedback to improve creative
- Balance a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
Recipe for Success:
- Educational background in graphic design and/or advertising/marketing or equivalent experience
- Student portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and writing
- 1-2 years of industry experience (agency or in-house) considered an asset
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite on a Mac-based platform
- Detail-oriented and possesses an understanding of production design processes
- Creative thinker
- Team player with strong communication skills, energized by a collaborative environment
- Industrious and efficient, a self-starter with a desire to be part of a world-class in-house creative team.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects and effectively manage the timely delivery of work against short deadlines.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Oct 16, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)