It’s an exciting time to join RBC Digital Solutions. We’re transforming our digital platforms with the goal of becoming an industry leader in delivering exceptional web, mobile and wearables experiences. To achieve this, we’re building a group of digital teams who will be pushing design, creativity and technical innovation in everything we do. For the imaginative designer bursting with big ideas, it’s an opportunity to shine. We’ve got new leadership with a focused vision, a super-talented team and an agile work environment (with sweeping views of Lake Ontario and the Toronto skyline) that’s conducive to igniting digital design brilliance. We’re looking for a skilled Visual Designer like you to help complete the picture… and make it a masterpiece.
Our goal is to make every RBC customer touchpoint consistently outstanding. Whether through web or native app, you’ll be using your expertise to delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite. Your imaginative approaches to user-centered design principles will produce high-quality visuals from conception to execution. We’re looking for someone that can instinctively weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and beautify how our customers navigate our many products and services. It’s a task that’ll be made easier by the fact you’ll be collaborating with a top-notch team of UX architects, strategists, writers and developers following a shared vision.
What will you do?
- Shape an RBC look and feel that’s consistent, accessible and instantly recognizable by collaborating with core team to create a better user experience.
- Design, polish and continually refine RBC’s consumer facing products; Visually present information so it’s easy to read, understand and find.
- Promote RBC products and services in a benefit-driven manner.
- Constantly explore ways to create a more cohesive story and enhance usability.
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs.
- Build a strong rapport with creative team personnel, managers and stakeholders; mpress stakeholders/clients with your enthusiasm and understanding of our customer needs
- Design multiple options, trust the iterative process and understand that the first idea is not always the best
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables.
What do you need to succeed?
- Enrollment in a post-secondary institution (university or college) in a degree program related to design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio that includes web and/or mobile design samples
- Solid knowledge of design tools (Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch, Illustrator, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process
- Understanding of responsive design
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieveing success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 16, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)