University of Toronto
The university’s second largest division, U of T Mississauga has 17 academic departments and offers 156 programs in 92 areas of study. Home to approximately 15,000 students and over 1,000 faculty and staff, the campus houses the Mississauga Academy of Medicine, Centre for Medicinal Chemistry and Institute for Management and Innovation. With its distinctive interdisciplinary programs such as forensic sciences and biomedical communications, U of T Mississauga offers a broad array of continuing education programs and professional masters programs. Established in 1967, the campus features award-winning architecture, robust community partnerships and a dynamic student environment set amongst 225 acres along the Credit River in Mississauga.
The Office of the Registrar at U of T Mississauga delivers registrarial services to support U of T Mississauga's academic goals and U of T priorities in the areas of student information, interpretation of policies, and innovation of registrarial interactions. Our core mission is effective and sustainable strategic enrolment management: student recruitment, retention, success and graduation. Operating in a culture of cooperation and collaboration, we achieve our goals and objectives based on values of student-focused solutions, integrity of academic records and continuous innovative improvements.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Communications, the Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of communications strategies in the Office of the Registrar (OR) for current undergraduate students at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM). The Communications Assistant will be responsible for researching, writing and editing content for electronic, digital and print communications, the website and social media that is student focused and will review, monitor and maintain the Website. The Communications Assistant will participate in the development of materials and design set up for various activities and special events, assist with surveys, reports and will create, design and produce web videos directed at new and current UTM undergraduate students. The Communications Assistant will develop and maintain ongoing social media presence with students in an ever changing social media environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and recommending story ideas that advance priorities and initiatives
- Writing and editing targeted communications to support strategic initiatives
- Drafting and editing content for print and/or online communications channels
- Probing for information from clients to determine communication and outreach needs
- Proofreading and fact-checking content
- Keeping well-informed on social media trends, technologies and best practices
- Tracking and monitoring social media analytics
- Maintaining information on a website
- University degree in communications, creative writing, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal training in design, layout and/or desktop publishing.
- Minimum two years experience in a fast-paced, post-secondary environment in a communications and customer service role
- Experience with digital, electronic and print design and production of communications fora diverse community
- Experience developing, maintaining and updating websites
- Experience creating and managing social media communications, videos and webinars
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and editing skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure independently and in a team
- Ability to manage projects, demonstrating initiative with a willingness to learn new technologies and stay informed on best practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Photoshop/Illustrator, social media, videography and webinars
- Knowledge and use of analytics
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
Closing Date: 10/25/2020, 11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 07 - $51,656 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $66,061. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Registrarial Services
University of Toronto
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 16, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)