picnic social strategies
The Communications Assistant at picnic social strategies supports the director, clients and marketing team by keeping internal operations running smoothly and upholding the external brand image of the agency to clients and contractors. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for creating and scheduling content, maintaining the picnic social Wordpress website, maintaining customer relations through CRM tools, overseeing office activities and preparing the monthly newsletter for distribution.
This position is remote, however the successful candidate may be required to meet in-person once a week and be available online throughout the work week through video conferencing, phone call and instant messaging. Availability for some weekend work will be necessary based on client events.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Create and upload content to various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn Instagram, Pinterest, Google Business and company blogs.
- Management of Hootsuite, Sendible, Later and other publishing platforms.
- Assist with general administration of picnic social and supporting the marketing director. This can involve answering calls, scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, gathering materials for events and conferences, processing mail and making travel arrangements.
- Assist in administering efficient processes, such as Trello boards, Zapier workflows, Slack integrations, and Hubspot CRM.
- Conduct interviews and write articles and case studies for picnic social’s newsletter, email campaigns and publication. This involves conducting research, editing and proofreading content and submitting it for release.
- Research and analysis of industry and audience demographics for each client’s marketing roadmap.
- Management of clients’ content calendars, themes and public relations opportunities that are relevant to each client’s marketing roadmap.
- Monthly social media reports with analysis for areas of improvement and future campaign strategy.
- Collaboration with other content contributors to upload, copyedit and publish content.
- Contribute to monthly brainstorming sessions on campaign strategy with the picnic team. These sessions might be focused on marketing, fundraising, advertising or public relations.
- Support in graphic design for client social media, posters, infographics and marketing materials.
- Support with email marketing copy, powerful headlines, CTAs and A/B testing.
- Support in creation of landing pages and subscription forms through Mailchimp, Hubspot, Unbounce, Sumo tools, and other drip campaign tools.
- Support in A/B social testing and advertising designs and copy for Facebook, Linkedin, and Google.
- Support in publishing content on Wix, Squarespace, Shopify and Wordpress sites.
- Support with keyword strategy through SEMRush and Google Ads.
- Support with pitching to the media and finding partnership with influencers.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal skills and able to present well.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a great team player and collaborate with other individuals.
- Post-secondary degree or higher in journalism, marketing, or communications.
- 1-2 years of work experience, or a marketing internship at a reputable agency or company.
- Digital portfolio that includes examples of work experience, design and written samples.
- Knowledge of Canva and Adobe Software Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of Google Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of SEMRush is an asset.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Hubspot, Unbounce and Sumo is an asset.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest and Google advertising management is an asset.
Salary will be based on experience, ranging between $38,000 - $42,000.
Application deadline: 2020-11-04
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
This job is primarily remote, however when meeting in-person we will follow the covid-19 safety guidelines
- Communications: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- English (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
picnic social strategies
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Oct 19, 2020|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|