Junior Graphic Designer
We currently have a spot that is a creative, flexible, and paid position as a Junior Graphic Designer on our team.
Starting at 20 hours a week and working on world class brands that inspire, this Junior Graphic Designer position will be supporting our Senior Graphic Designer and the Team is transforming our content and digital assets into beautiful, thought-provoking visuals for our clients.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We're a Calgary based marketing agency that focuses on helping high performing visionaries take their ideas from imagination to reality. We are passionate about helping businesses who deeply care about what they do and whom they serve (their customers). So while our clients are busy visionioning and creating, we’re the team that is making it all happen.
We now need someone who is eager to join our team in creating magic. We’re looking for someone to fill the role of Junior Graphic Designer ASAP.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Do you thrive off of the flexibility to work from home and manage your own schedule?
- Are you fun to be around but love to get your work done?
- Do you want to belong to a team that expects the best of each other, holds each other accountable and likes working together?
- Are you deeply passionate about making a powerful, positive difference in the world (because that feels good to you)?
- Are you completely open (and excited) to learn new skills, lead when called upon, and join a values driven company?
IF SO, THEN YOU MIGHT BE EXACTLY WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
We only bring in only the most good-hearted, inspiring, talented and hungry people into our company.
So let’s talk about all the details.
- Able to communicate effectively and honestly. You are able to provide constructive criticism and are able to receive feedback when given
- Someone who is unafraid to take risks and get creative. You are able to think outside of the box and shift perspectives
- Someone who is an idea generator and is able to brainstorm when needed
- Someone who owns their mistakes and works towards finding solutions to fix the problem
- Someone who is unafraid to ask for help when stuck
- A collaborator! You love working in teams and exchanging ideas with others and clients
- Able to empathize and understand a brand’s story and identity
- Able to work through briefs and understand what is required in the ask
- Able to advise our team and clients with regard to design style, format, print production, and aesthetics
- A star in developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, brochures, brand guidelines, company logos and websites
- Able to determine size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- Confident in reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Able to pay close attention to details
- Knowledgeable in UI / UX
- Familiar and have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Shutterstock, and WordPress
- Have created infographics, logos, wireframes and mockups for web design and social media
- Have prior experience working for an agency OR have education around graphic design and marketing
- Love marketing! You love learning about new marketing ideas and sales funnels. You are able to think about the big picture while having the attention to details to execute it to perfection.
- BONUS: Familiar with Figma and Sketch.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE DREAM JOB AND DO YOU BELIEVE YOU’RE A FIT?
THEN, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT
(IN THIS ORDER…SERIOUSLY):
1. Email us your résumé, cover letter and explain why you're a fit for our team.
2. Submit previous work or examples of what you’ve done in your portfolio
3. Be sure to name the subject line: ‘I am the Jr. Graphic Designer you’re looking for’
4. Be a little patient with us. Since we are growing we’re sometimes slow to respond – that’s why we need you!
First movers always get the prize!
We will consider applications on a first-come, first-served basis. So if you want to jump on this golden opportunity to join a team of movers & shakers, do good’ers & difference makers, apply NOW!
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (Preferred)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Oct 27, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)