William F. White International Inc.
Senior Prep Technician Camera
Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada's oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
Put people first
- We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
Do what we say
- We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- We engage and empower great people to do great things.
Support our communities
- We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity- Take Your Best Shot
Our Camera department is like a candy shop designed by and for those who are DPs at heart. The WFW Camera team is a passionate bunch who are truly dedicated to sourcing the widest range of elite cameras, lenses and support equipment for our clients’ every creative vision. Our line up features premium quality super 35 and large format cameras from manufacturers including ARRI and RED and world-renowned lensing from Vantage/Hawk, Leica, Cooke, MasterBuilt, Angenieux and Fujinon, just to name a few. Our full inventory, including an extensive array of camera support equipment, grows by the day. The team is happiest when they’re prepping with clients to help them get the most out of their fancy new rental with custom-tailored recommendations.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Camera team is looking for a talented and experienced technician to join us in the role of Senior Prep Technician. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto.
The Senior Prep Technician is an experienced WFW Camera team member with an in-depth knowledge of current digital imaging and related camera equipment and accessories. They manage several aspects of both short and long format camera preps and works in a directly client-facing role with camera crew members.
- Pull orders and assist camera clients during camera preps.
- Assist with processing the return of camera equipment, including determining possible missing equipment and performing technical inspections for potential damages.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness/organization of the camera equipment, the warehouse and general departmental work areas.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- In-depth technical/mechanical knowledge of current digital imaging and related camera equipment/accessories (ARRI, RED specifically).
- 3-4 years’ experience working as a Prep Technician in a camera rental house required.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours/shifts when needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well autonomously and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail required.
- Valid G Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
William F. White International Inc.
800 Islington Ave
Etobicoke, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 13, 2020|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|