William F. White International Inc.
Assistant General Manager WFW Studios
Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada's oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
Put people first
- We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
Do what we say
- We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- We engage and empower great people to do great things.
Support our communities
- We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
WFW operates a growing portfolio of state-of-the-art production studios in the Vancouver and Toronto area that can handle projects of any size. With 32 sound stages and ample mixed-use high-ceiling warehouse space spread across our nine facilities, WFW Studios now manages over 1 million square feet of production-ready studio space. Working in tandem with our diverse range of clients, from the rising stars to content giants such as Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, our Studios team is truly on the forefront of where all the magic happens.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Studios team is looking for a proactive operations leader to join us in the role of Assistant General Manager. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto.
The Assistant General Manager ensures the WFW Studio brand leads the market in client experience by taking proactive steps to improve operations and exceed client expectations.
WFW Studios Operations
Works in tandem with General Manager to manage all properties and production support facilities in Toronto:
- Assists General Manager:
- Developing Revenue Forecasts and Cap-Ex Budgets
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Reviewing financial reports to address costs and help drive bottom line profit
- Oversee employee contracts, staff onboarding, scheduling, and Workday
- Equipment rental and vendor relationships
- Sales and Marketing
- Scheduling and agreements
- Collaborate with all LOB’s and Sunbelt to
- Brainstorm and develop sales strategies that drive topline revenue within our studios
- Attend weekly Toronto sales and leads
- Meetings and update group on all studio
- Related leads and client feedback
- Updating Salesforce with new leads and production information.
- Ensure Marketing has the necessary information to create Studio specific promotional material.
Oversee the management and operations of all Toronto Facilities and directing the following roles:
- Operations Manager.
- Property Coordinator.
- Develops and monitors:
- Quarterly, bi-annual, and annual planned maintenance schedules.
- Monthly maintenance budgets and cashflow allowances per studio.
- Protocols to ensure buildings are preparedfor seasonal changes in weather.
- Internal operations documents and protocols.
- New property development:
- Assists Business Development with relevant request on potential new spaces.
- Scouts new properties.
- Consults with Manager, Facilities and Studio
- Construction on layout, operations, and production needs.
- Responsible for all correspondence and logistics with property manager and landlords.
The Ideal Candidate
- A fundamental understanding of studio operations from a production perspective, as well as from a studio management perspective.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a managerial or leadership position.
- Previous experience working on a film set.
- Willingness to work outside of regular hours and be on call in the event of operational emergencies.
- Ability to anticipate production needs.
- Able to effectively interact with clients, executives, vendors, security, and management team.
- Ability to handle occasional conflict while maintaining a high-level of brand representation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skill.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to self-manage and take initiative.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s insatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
William F. White International Inc.
800 Islington Ave
Etobicoke, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 13, 2020|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|