Sub Management Group
Music Funding Strategist and Grant Writer
Sub Management Group
SMG provides structure, stability and strategy support to artist entrepreneurs, music managers and music businesses. By entrusting important administrative and operational responsibilities to SMG, our clients and their key team members are empowered to invest in what matters most; artist and business development, profitability and strengthening their autonomy.
Our Funding Management department consults, guides, creates, manages, submits and reports on all matters relating to grants, providing an integrated funding leadership team to our clients.
Sub Management Group is actively seeking an expert in Canadian music funding to join our growing team and growing company. As part of SMG's Funding Department, this individual will be responsible for managing various grant applications for multiple artist and music business clients. You will directly manage client relationships, provide strategic counsel support, create marketing/business plans and assist in guiding the vision and direction of the department. You will join a team of highly experienced, skillful, thoughtful and highly motivated individuals.
Grant reporting/completions will not fall within the responsibility of this individual.
Both the title and salary will be customized to the successful candidate based on skills, experience and degree of expertise.
Required Programmatic Experience:
- FACTOR. At the very least, you have prepared, submitted and completed applications to the Juried Sound Recording program on multiple accounts. Candidates with experience preparing, submitting and completing applications to more advanced programs (Further component/Phase2, SEMC, CMC, Comprehensive Artist, Envelope Programming) will take priority.
- Radio Starmaker Fund. You have prepared, submitted and completed applications to the Touring and/or Marketing streams of Radio Starmaker Fund.
- Ontario Music Investment Fund (formerly OMF via Ontario Creates) and/or the British Columbia Music Fund (Creative BC). You have prepared, submitted and completed applications to at least one of the following programs in the last two years: MCD, Futures, MID, MMI, Live, Research, Careers, Innovation, Signature Artist.
Required interpersonal skills:
- Time management and flexibility. Successful candidates will know that our world revolves around deadlines. Hours can be peaks and valleys.
- Customer service. You are knowledgeable, articulate and friendly. This role requires that you are regularly engaged with our artist and music business clients.
- Communications. You are an excellent writer, capable of producing differentiated, quality work on a timely basis.
- Business minded. You excel in think tank environments, you are a creative problem solver and you have affinity with strategic planning.
- Team player. SMGs Funding Department is a tight knit operation. Our team cohesion plays a crucial role in our success. You work well as a leader and as a supporter.
Sub Management Group is a fast-paced working environment. While we own a modern downtown Toronto office, our entire team has been working remote seamlessly. We meet via Zoom regularly and operate exclusively in the cloud. While being Toronto-based can be helpful, COVID has taught us that it is not a requirement for team building and cohesion.
SMG team members are well supported with:
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive benefits packages
- Flexible vacation and hybrid remote/in-office arrangements (post COVID)
- Constant learning and challenges due to rapid company growth
We are receiving applications until December 4, interviews before the Holidays with a start date in early January.
How to Apply:
Resume and cover letter. Your resume is no more than two pages and your cover letter must be no more than 2,000 characters.
Writing samples. Please provide three (3) writing samples that you feel accurately reflect the task at hand. Marketing and business plans take priority.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Send to Gregg Terrence.
Sub Management Group
118 Berkeley St
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 17, 2020|
|Closing:||Dec 04, 2020|
|Compensation:||50K To 80K|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|