North Vancouver, BC
Manager of ProgrammingFeatured
Manager of Programming-Western Region –Term (Vancouver)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, We share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
APTN is seeking a top performer who is committed to celebrating and promoting a stronger Indigenous production community. Do you want to be part of showcasing distinctive Indigenous content produced by, for and about Indigenous Peoples? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
- Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to direct reports;
- Determines what programming is required based on APTN Programming Plan and in accordance with conditions in the network’s CRTC broadcast license;
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends programming proposals to the Programming Committee;
- Manages development and independently produced programs according to the programming plan;
- Works closely with independent producers and ensures APTN requirements are adhered to by reading scripts, vetting content and visiting production sets and facilities;
- Makes content and financial decisions, negotiates principle terms for commissioned programming, assists with preparation of program plans and budget;
- Ensures programming expenditures remain within approved limits, ensures accurate invoicing;
- Ensures compliance with submission deadlines of various funding bodies;
- Represents APTN at festivals, conferences, seminars and other industry events, liaises with funding agencies and participates on various panels to better understand APTN audiences;
- Responsible for HR-related functions including: interviewing, recruiting and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline and 5 years related experience (ie: production, communication and business); or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Broadcast industry knowledge is required;
- Supervisory or managerial experience is required;
- Travel will be required, as assigned.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers! Please apply before December 3, 2020
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment - all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.
1999 Marine Drive - Suite 210
North Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 20, 2020|
|Closing:||Dec 03, 2020|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)