The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Jan 25, 2021!
Operations and Development Manager
SummerWorks is committed to equality and diversity, both through our program of activities and as an employer. Our practices and procedures aim to reflect the varied needs, expectations and cultures of all members of our community. We make every effort to ensure that no member of the community receives less favorable treatment in our recruitment process or when accessing our services on the grounds of gender identity, disability, race, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation.
We warmly encourage applications from equity-seeking groups, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Transgender, Nonbinary, Queer, Disabled and intersections of those identities.
SummerWorks expands the possibilities of performance. We are a leader, collaborator, and community builder at the forefront of contemporary performance - asking crucial questions; nurturing artistic innovation; and presenting new works that reflect the complexity and diversity of our society. Anchored by our annual SummerWorks Performance Festival in August, SummerWorks offers a year-round program of creation, presentation, and learning opportunities for artists and audiences.
Please note, the SummerWorks team is currently working remotely in line with Covid-19 health and safety protocol.
Operations & Development Manager Description & Duties:
The Operations & Development Manager is responsible for the efficient running of the operational elements of the organization, covering four areas: administration, fundraising & development, finance, and human resources. The Operations & Development Manager will oversee the organizational critical path, fundraising and development strategy, operating budget,and manage financial processes with the Bookkeeper. They are also responsible for smooth day-to-day operations.
Reports to: Artistic & Managing Director.
Direct report: Bookkeeper.
- You are someone who:
- Has 5+ years relevant experience.
- Has a passion for the performing arts.
- Has exceptional organizational, planning, team-building and time management-skills.
- Has experience with managing operational budgets over $500,000.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is personable and able to develop a positive rapport with staff, partners and donors.
- Has proven ability to secure and manage funding from public sources.
- Has proven financial acumen.
- Has excellent computer skills, including experience of using Quickbooks, Google Suite, Excel, Slack, Zoom, and project management software (e.g Airtable) at an advanced level; also comfortable with Wordpress and HTML.
- Is motivated and meticulous, with a keen eye for detail.
Experience working on festivals, live events, and within large teams in particular, is considered an asset.
A knowledge of the mission, mandate, values, and activities of SummerWorks, would also be favourable.
For the full job description, responsibilities and application requirements please visit http://summerworks.ca/get-involved/join-the-team/
Please direct any questions to Rosanna Lowton.
423-401 Richmond St W
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 12, 2021|
|Closing:||Jan 25, 2021|
|Compensation:||$52,000 per annum + benefits|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|