North York Harvest Food Bank
Marketing & Communications Officer
As a key member of the North York Harvest development team, the Marketing & Communications Officer will support with designing and executing meaningful strategies to engage key audiences on different platforms.
The ideal candidate will manage donor stewardship and impact communications, provide strategic input to support the development of an integrated donor journey. In collaboration with other members of the development team, the candidate will develop strategies to engage donors using digital platforms as well as monitor, track and establish benchmark metrics.
The candidate will also hold a small portfolio of work as it relates to donor recognition.
Vision – A community where all members are able to meet their food needs.
Mission – To engage our community in meeting the food needs of northern Toronto by providing dignified food assistance, education, focused advocacy and long-term food solutions.
North York Harvest Food Bank has been the primary food bank in northern Toronto since 1986. Last year we distributed over 2 million pounds of food through our 40 member agencies and 77 community programs, serving over 47,000 individuals.
The Marketing & Communications Officer reports to Director of Development & Marketing
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Experience with digital platforms and digital marketing, and comfortable with data analysis and reporting
- Experience or understanding fundraising principles considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and communication skills
- Creative, resourceful and articulate
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to set priorities
- Ability to problem solve and manage projects from creative development through final delivery, on time and on budget
- Experience planning, writing, editing, coordination and implementing a variety of platforms that meet objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships; demonstrable success working effectively on cross-functional teams
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of digital engagement strategies and tactics
- Research, compile, write and produce a range of donor communications materials including emails, letters, impact reports, donor recognition stories and recognition event collateral
- Assist in the development and execution of digital fundraising initiatives
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of North York Harvest, its programs and its priorities
- Remain abreast of best practices in the field with respect to digital engagement and donor communication tactics
- Other duties as assigned
The job description provided is not meant to be an exhaustive list. An individual may be required to perform other tasks which may not be listed but are consistent with the general intent of this role.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- North York Harvest Food Bank is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. We recognize a range of lived and work experience as being valuable to our work and encourage interested parties to apply.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
North York Harvest Food Bank
York, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 25, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)