The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Mar 05, 2021!
Western Canada Theatre
Director of Marketing & Communications
Western Canada Theatre is searching for our next Director of Marketing & Communications.
The Director will be creative and motivated, ready to take responsibility to harness brand, digital, social media & traditional marketing, with an ability to focus on data to measure success. Over their tenure, the Director will develop & articulate a marketing vision that supports and promotes the artistic & organizational aims of the theatre, and will be able to create & execute a plan to deliver on that vision. Working in close partnership with the Artistic & Managing Directors, the Director will also collaborate with senior staff, external stakeholders and members of the public, making the best use of limited resources to achieve results.
The Director has overall responsibility for all marketing & communications strategies, including:
Brand & Traditional Marketing
- Creation of publicity, advertising, promotional materials, websites, e-newsletters, press releases and social media
- All marketing & communications to support the work of the theatre, including on our productions, education & outreach programming, development activities/campaigns, venue operations, box office and other events.
- Working with internal and external graphic designers in the creation and dissemination of images in support of the above
Digital content and social media
- In a world of increased digital engagement, continue WCT on the path of digital presence, content & relationship management
- Lead the creation & adoption of WCT’s digital strategic plan
- Lead the updating & management of WCT’s online presence and overall corporate brand
- Collaborate with the artistic director on the creation and dissemination of WCT-created digital content
- Partnering with our box office team, employ strategies that engage new & existing audiences, boost sales, create community buzz & foster audience engagement while maximizing revenues
- With a focus on data, employ strategies to deliver increased ticket sales (and/or digital interactions) for our productions & online content.
- Employ best practices for garnering and utilizing audience feedback and surveys
Marketing Team Development
- Shape, hire & lead a supporting staff position and/or contractor(s), to assist in the achievement of planned aims & supporting activities across the organization.
Ideal Training, Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing
- Experience or interest in graphic design, website design, digital marketing or digital content creation
- Experience in social media strategies and processes;
- Self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision, and with strong collaborators;
- Written & verbal communication skills;
- A well-organized, efficient user of time, with the ability to get things done;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy – able to respond in a positive and helpful manner to a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong supervisory skills; able to lead & mentor staff and make decisions;
Also an Asset
- Working knowledge of IT software applications in marketing, that could include CRM, graphic design, video editing, website/HTML design, or Microsoft Office
- Appreciation for theatre, WCT, and the role we play in the community.
- Experience in photography or videography
- The role has typically been full-time, though this position could be considered for full- or parttime work, depending on the successful candidate’s vision of the department & delegation of tasks.
- The role is based in Kamloops, BC, and following the easing of pandemic restrictions, and out of consideration of our local networks, being geographically within the Kamloops community is considered an essential part of the position. Working from home is possible during the pandemic.
- A relocation stipend is available.
- The salary range is commensurate to experience, and is between $47-55,000. WCT has a generous benefits package that includes extended health, paid vacation, time off during the holiday season, and a flexible work schedule.
- The successful candidate will ideally start in April-May, 2021.
- Due to the volume of submissions, we thank all who express interest in this position; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tell us how you would be a great fit for this role, and describe your vision for the marketing of WCT.
Your submission should include a cover letter, resume and two professional references, but may also include samples of relevant creative work. Please be sure to include a description of your current career experience and its relevance to this role, your career arc and aims moving forward, along with your availability and salary expectations.
Please send, as one attachment, no later than March 5, 2021, to: Evan Klassen, Managing Director
Western Canada Theatre tells our stories on the traditional & unceded territory of Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc, whose people are the traditional stewards of this land.
Since 1975, Western Canada Theatre has been producing innovative, entertaining, and educational theatre for audiences in Kamloops, throughout BC’s Southern Interior, and across Canada. We have grown into one of the largest producing theatres in BC and have had a remarkable impact on the national theatre landscape: producing premieres of important new Canadian and Indigenous work, training some of Canada’s finest theatre professionals, and showcasing our work and our artists across the country through touring and co-productions. Our production department operates the 700-seat Sagebrush Theatre, and the 150-seat black-box Pavilion Theatre, as well as our producing shops, storage & touring operations. For more information, please visit us at wctlive.ca
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Western Canada Theatre is committed to diversity in the workplace and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply, and to self-identify if they so choose. We hope to receive applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds including, but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, gender-identification, sexual orientation, class and physical ability (though our office is currently on a second floor, and as such not wheelchair accessible). We are a parent-friendly workplace, with several parents on staff. We invite anyone with access needs or requiring accommodation in the application process to contact the Managing Director.
Safe & Respectful Workplace Statement
Western Canada Theatre is committed to the creation of a respectful work environment and supports those who have experienced or witnessed toxic behaviours. We stand up against behaviour that undermines the dignity or self- esteem of any individual, or which creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment. We invite all our Artists and Staff to partner with us in speaking up against harassment and standing together in addressing problems when they arise.
Kamloops is our home and is a great place to live and work. We offer you the opportunity to thrive in a city that boasts a reasonable cost of living, gorgeous terrain, active lifestyle, and, of course, the sunny weather of BC’s Southern Interior. For more information, visit Kamloops.ca
Western Canada Theatre
Kamloops, BC, CA
|Posted:||Feb 08, 2021|
|Closing:||Mar 05, 2021|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|