Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Broadcast Technician!
Rogers Media central campus is located at 1 Mount Pleasant in Toronto. This main campus contains both the Sportsnet studios/master controls as well as the master control facilities for the; City TV Network, OMNI TV Network and our other Rogers Specialty channels. The Broadcast Technician position we are hiring for is in the National Media Operations Centre, (NMOC), Engineering Department.
The central focus of the NMOC is to get all media content out to viewers by streaming it over the internet, publishing it to Social Media, through Video on Demand services, (VOD), and through traditional over the air transmitters. Broadcast Technicians in NMOC Engineering make sure that all technical systems are configured properly, performing at optimum levels and they trouble shoot to resolve any problems that may occur.
Rogers is continually expanding our ability to reach more viewers through non-linear platforms and give them more content that they can consume in a variety of different ways. The NMOC is our vehicle for doing that and the Broadcast Technicians are the ones constantly improving and maintaining that vehicle.
What you will do:
- The NMOC Engineering technicians work on; morning, evening and weekend shifts to make sure they can cover the needs of On-Air Operations.
- When they are not working on new technical changes and additions to the NMOC systems they are answering inquiries from NMOC operators and trouble shooting problems to keep things running smoothly.
- As a Broadcast Technician at Rogers you will have a chance to use your Engineering talents and knowledge to further expand our ability to get content out to our customers in new and evolving ways.
- In properly maintaining and trouble shooting the NMOC systems you will allow the operators to better perform their functions to provide the best viewer experience possible.
What you will bring:
- A real passion for working with Video/Audio files and streaming
- Deep knowledge of Video and Audio Transcoding
- Knowledge of MPEG2 / MPEG4 / h.264 / h.265 / J2K compression
- Experience with TCP-IP Network Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Tape Libraries and File Storage systems
- Knowledge of Asset Management Technology
- In depth knowledge of Windows & Linux OS
- Work with scheduling automation systems
- Some IPTV and VOD Experience
- Knowledge of technical requirements for Social Media Publishing
- Ability to create system functional diagrams
- An excellent aptitude for trouble shooting
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android plus a laptop PC etc.)
1 Mount Pleasant Road
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 09, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)