The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Mar 02, 2021!
Senior Manager Planning & Operations CBC Gem
Job FamilyMedia Production
Working at CBC:
At the CBC, we all have a story to tell. What’s yours?
If you share our passion for Canadian storytelling and you wish to help us engage with individuals and communities across our various digital platforms, this is where you’ll want to be!
Every day, you will have an opportunity to shape the way in which Canadians see themselves reflected in our digital services. Your work will have a direct impact on how millions of Canadians from various communities connect with our products, with one another, and with the diverse voices that make our country so unique.
Digital is a part of our present and all of our future. CBC/Radio-Canada’s strategy is focused on becoming a digital-first organization that provides a digital platform for storytellers. Our mission is to engage our audience with stories they care about.
Personalizing our digital services is core to CBC/Radio-Canada’s strategy. We want to create personal, relevant, and engaging experiences that Canadians expect, with our goal being to make sure all Canadians see themselves reflected in our digital services while connecting them to the many communities and voices that make our country great.
If to you, customization is more than just establishing content recommendation modules within digital products, and you’re passionate about using data in order to enrich user experience and drive results, we’d love to hear from you.
Why is this role important?
The Digital Strategy & Products group is looking for a Senior Manager to lead planning and operations for CBC Gem, the CBC’s digital video streaming service, with a focus on audience and subscriber growth. This role reports to the Senior Director of OTT Video and Audio (CBC Gem and CBC Listen).
You are someone who values the importance of the CBC’s public service mandate and sees the opportunity for CBC Gem to play a significant role in enriching the CBC’s unique relationship with Canadians, sharing Canadian stories and leading digital thinking and practices in the organization.
You are data-driven, methodical, creative, and adaptable.
You excel at building strong relationships and leading through collaboration and influence. This role works cross-functionally within the Gem team and other departments across the CBC, including Editorial, Revenue, Marketing, Customer Success, and Finance; with people within our Digital Strategy & Products department, including product managers and your counterparts in the other digital services (CBC Listen and digital publishing); and with vendors.
About CBC Gem:
CBC Gem is the CBC’s video streaming service, available to anybody in Canada to stream CBC news, television and original digital programming, as well as the best of Canadian and international dramas, comedies and documentaries.
CBC Gem is available for free as an app for iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, and Android phones and tablets, and accessible online at gem.cbc.ca.
CBC Gem Premium also provides access to CBC News Network, ad-free video on demand content and CBC Gem exclusive content.
Here’s why we should work together:
Our digital teams’ values - collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement - embody who we are as a people-focused, digital-forward employer. We follow lean startup principles and use an Agile approach. Our dedicated people managers work closely with every individual to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas and supporting their pursuit of new skills and their desired career progression.
Here at CBC Digital Strategy & Products, we want you to be happy and feel good at work. It is essential that work be a safe space where our employees are able to share their authentic selves with one another and to push each other to challenge conventions.
Perks you can look forward to:
- Flexible work schedules, allowing you to prioritize yourself, your family and your work;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Competitive total rewards package;
- 20% of time for innovation, learning and development; wherever your interests lie;
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology;
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development;
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups;
- Pair programming and mentorship opportunities, where you can learn from the best in the industry and help coach new talent;
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected;
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity;
- An environment which favours experimentation and an iterative approach in order to achieve the highest form of technical innovation.
How you will make an impact:
- Performance planning: you will support the creation and delivery of annual and quarterly planning to meet targets, including modelling revenue and audience growth, evaluating the impact of product, editorial and marketing plans on the customer lifecycle, and identifying opportunities to accelerate growth. You will also support annual performance planning and modelling for CBC Listen, the CBC’s audio streaming service.
- Member acquisition and retention: you will grow the member base through funnel management, audience segmentation, developing and testing premium offers, free trial conversion, churn reduction and retention tactics, winback campaigns, and payment failure reduction.
- You will refine the value proposition at each stage of membership.
- You will coordinate the operational activities of the cross-functional CBC Gem team in support of audience acquisition, retention, and revenue optimization.
- You will establish and refine processes in partnership with the Research and Business Intelligence teams to monitor performance and identify issues and opportunities for revenue, growth marketing, and customer lifecycle.
- Planning, communication and coordination: you will establish alignment and planning processes, including meetings and shared documentation, between all of the key groups to drive audience acquisition and retention and revenue optimization
- You will leverage your knowledge of consumption, market and technology trends to identify new growth opportunities, emerging service and business models, underserved or emerging segments, platforms or audience needs.
- Other projects as needed
What you could bring to our team:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
Experience in customer lifecycle management and one or more of the following roles:
- B2C service model operations/delivery
- Digital marketing operations
- Digital retail/e-Commerce
- Digital subscription management
- OTT Video services
- Experience working in cross-functional teams in the digital space.
- Experience leading virtual teams.
- Ability to perform topline analyses (forecasting, root cause analysis).
- Experience with developing or using data-driven decision models and digital revenue models.
- Understanding of best practices for digital video environments, subscription services and revenue models.
- Working level experience with digital analytics suites, business performance management, digital marketing/funnel management principles.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a collaborative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently; able to lead by influence across a wide breadth of stakeholders.
- Good communication and presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
At the CBC, we recognize that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience, and we are excited to hear from you! Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet most of the qualifications and you are excited by the possibility of adding to the rich culture of the CBC, take a chance and express your interest by applying now!
If you’re interested in reading more about the various backgrounds of the talented people that make up our teams, our exciting new projects, and what we’re currently working on, check out our Digital Labs blog on Medium!
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
250 Front St W
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 13, 2021|
|Closing:||Mar 02, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)