Director Radio News & Station Manager - Programming General
Director Radio News & Station Manager
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of News, Local Stations, the Director Radio News & Station Manager will be the manager and site leader for the entire Edmonton Radio cluster, ensuring adherence to the Journalistic Practices and Principles, applicable codes of conduct and legal requirements.
- Oversee strategy and style of regional Global News on Radio
- Standardize regional Global News on Radio to create a consistent experience for listeners and set expectations for reporters, anchors, special coverage, simulcast events and breaking news in all markets
- Attract and develop a diverse group of high performing, multi-platform journalists.
- Set the strategic direction of the all-news radio station with the senior leadership team for Global News Edmonton and Regional Director of Programming
- Work with the Sales and Marketing leaders to develop and implement sales opportunities
- Set and manage budgets and operational expenditures
- Execute 360 reviews and implement changes from quarterly staff reviews
- Work with senior leaders to set success measures based on ratings and revenue
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the company to ensure success
KEY LEADERSHIP TRAITS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Strong, driven communicator with a passion for news
- Acute understanding of journalism, storytelling and radio broadcasting to remain at the forefront of the media landscape in Canada.
- Understands brands and marketing to support Global News journalism
- Proven experience driving employee engagement and supporting employee development
- A proven history of mentoring and developing talent
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
5204 84 St Nw
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Mar 19, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)