Host Radio (English Services)Featured
Job FamilyProgramming (TV-Radio-Web)
You understand how to use a full range of tones to create strong radio programming. You are enthusiastic about experimenting with talk formats and innovative story treatments.
As host, you will play a key role in helping us connect with, and grow, new audiences through the range of stories and perspectives presented on the program, as well as through regular community outreach and public events.
You live and promote the values of an inclusive and respectful work culture
Please note that this is a full time, one year contract position subject to review and renewal.
- Engaging, curious, spontaneous and authentic on-air personality.
- Wide range of genuine interests, knowledge and insight, reflecting curiosity in many current affairs topics, and an ability to make them relevant to existing and new audiences.
- Openness to diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of, and/or connection to underrepresented communities across the listening area.
- Widely-read, knowledgeable and nuanced thinker.
- Strong writing skills.
- Exemplary journalistic skills, including interviewing, storytelling and critical thinking
- Demonstrably engaged, interested and immersed in a wide range of diverse experiences that make up Fredericton and surrounding communities.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to function independently and cooperatively in a small team setting while collaborating with other teams and units within CBC.
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
- Genuinely loves public outreach and is an enthusiastic ambassador of public broadcasting and the program.
- Knowledge of and creative ideas around the use of social media and digital platforms to connect with and grow audiences.
- Technical skills, including field recording and audio editing, are an asset.
- University degree or equivalent.
- At least five years of experience in journalism, reporting and/or hosting.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
1160 Regent St. P.O. Box 2200
Fredericton, NB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 13, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)