William F. White International Inc.
Maintenance Assistant – WFW StudiosFeatured
Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
Put people first
- We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
Do what we say
- We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- We engage and empower great people to do great things.
Support our communities
- We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity- On Location
WFW operates a growing portfolio of state-of-the-art production studios in the Vancouver and Toronto area that can handle projects of any size. With 32 sound stages and ample mixed-use high-ceiling warehouse space spread across our nine facilities, WFW Studios now manages over 1 million square feet of production-ready studio space. Working in tandem with our diverse range of clients, from the rising stars to content giants such as Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, our Studios team is truly on the forefront of where all the magic happens.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our William F. White Studios team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Maintenance Assistant - WFW Studios. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto. This position reports to the Property Coordinator, WFW Studios and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The Maintenance Assistant ensures the WFW Studios brand leads the market in client experience by taking proactive steps to improve operations and exceed client expectations.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.).
- Undertake light installation or carpentry (e.g. build cabinets).
- Repair equipment or appliances.
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shovelling snow).
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong hands-on experience in general construction and repair skills.
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems.
- Basic math skills.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Boom or scissor lift or forklift ticket an asset.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s insatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
William F. White International Inc.
800 Islington Ave,
Etobicoke, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 16, 2021|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|