Daily Bread Food Bank
Marketing and Communications CoordinatorFeatured
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will play a key role in raising brand awareness and public support for Daily Bread Food Bank through online and offline channels. Reporting to Associate VP, Marketing and Communications, the successful candidate will support the development and execution of projects that will amplify our vision, mission and values.
This role is primarily service-centric but will require leadership on a variety of projects and team initiatives. The ability to collaborate and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders will be essential for success!
- Support project development and implementation of marketing and communication plans to increase brand awareness and public support.
- Support with development and distribution of print and digital communications including newsletters, e-blasts, special reports, donor stewardship/engagement collateral, etc.
- Write and prepare content for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Respond to general Marketing and Communications internal/external requests and inquiries.
- Track incoming Marketing and Communications creative briefs and provide status updates.
- Website maintenance (WordPress): general updates, executing web requests from internal departments, regular monitoring to ensure all content is up to date.
- Work with web developer as needed to implement website improvements, create microsites/landing pages using best practices for optimal quality and performance.
- Manage content and communications master calendars.
- Support internal communication initiatives.
- Support development of social media calendar and content scheduling.
- Act as main point of contact / liaison between Marketing and Communications and Fundraising team (may include supporting community engagement activities, special events, coordinating mailing lists, stewardship initiatives, reviewing project briefs, etc.)
- Develop presentation decks/templates following brand guidelines.
- Support PR/media relations (includes media tracking and reporting).
- Assist with photography/videography for special projects as needed.
- Maintain archive of marketing/communication materials, including photography and video files, stories, printed materials, etc.
- Source suppliers/vendors and oversee tendering process as needed.
- Maintain invoice files for Marketing/Communications/Design projects.
- Keep up to date with current creative trends to support continuous development and improvement of brand voice.
- Other responsibilities and duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Education/Experience (or equivalents)
- University degree or college diploma in Communications / Marketing / Public Relations or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2-3 years professional experience in multi-channel communications or marketing.
- Intermediate-to-Advanced writing skills to prepare content for a variety of audiences and communication platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and communication tools and strategies.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of CMS platforms (WordPress).
- Experience with email marketing tools (MailChimp) to design and deploy various forms of communications.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and management tools.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (tracking and reporting) and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Solid data gathering and reporting capabilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong Assets:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML.
- Experience with Luminate and Raiser’s Edge.
- Always professional and collaborative – you’re all about customer service, teamwork and taking ownership of your work.
- Organized, resourceful and detail oriented.
- Excellent attention to detail, project management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Exceptional writing/copy editing skills.
- Ability to assess what is visually appealing and work with within brand guidelines.
- Dependability, flexibility and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and a strong desire to learn.
- A positive attitude, a love of community and a passion for ending hunger!
This position has a regular schedule but some weekend/evening work may be required from time to time to support Daily Bread Special Events.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Daily Bread Food Bank
191 New Toronto Street
Etobicoke, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 30, 2021|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|