The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by May 14, 2021!
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
Communications Specialist (Executive)
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand?
Become a Communications Specialist (Executive) with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
- Support MPAC’s strategic objectives in developing, implementing and measuring effective executive communication programs and initiatives;
- Participate in the creation of executive communication plans and materials from concept through to production execution and measurement;
- Provide customer service focused, valuable consultation and expertise to the business on the formation of communication initiatives;
- Create and advise on communication strategies, ensuring accuracy and appropriate messaging in collaboration with the overall Communication Strategy;
- Create copy and edit corporate publications ensuring accuracy of information and managing approval process;
- Execute issues management projects and initiatives ensuring messaging is accurate and aligned to issues management and overall department strategy; and
- Proactively identify communication channels and initiatives to support business objectives.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- A university degree or diploma in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in developing, creating and implementing strategic corporate internal and external communications initiatives;
- Demonstrated advanced level of skill in writing communications materials with experience in various mediums and styles including employee communication materials and general correspondence;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products and web-based tools;
- Excellent editing skills and attention to detail;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage graphic design, printing and other external suppliers;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines; and
- Ability to function in a team environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in executive and/or corporate communications.
Posting number: MPAC-142-21
Number of positions: 1
Location: Head Office, Pickering
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Full-Time
Branch: Strategic Communications
Department: Corporate & Government Relations
Position level and salary: (PG-G) $85,365 - $106,707
Area of Search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on this link followed by the “Apply Online” icon once within the posting. Create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by May 14, 2021. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
|Category:||Publicity / PR|
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
1340 Pickering Parkway Suite 101
Pickering, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 03, 2021|
|Closing:||May 14, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)