Assistant Editor (Full Time)
Education / Experience Required
The successful candidate will need to be a quick learner and have either 2+ years of relevant experience in the industry or be a recent graduate from a university/college TV or Film program.
We are looking to hire an assistant editor to work with one of our busy commercial editors.
Good people skills are essential. In addition to technical knowledge, you will be working with clients as a liaison.
Job responsibilities include loading and organizing footage, synching rushes, prepping artwork & sound effects/music and dealing with job scheduling and client services. A strong desire to learn the craft and art of editing television commercials is highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Premiere Pro CC, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a problem solver
- Thoroughly understand the importance of organization, redundancy, and post production workflow techniques / Media Management
- Mac OS based systems + MS Office skills a must
- Basic understanding of compositing (Keying, Masking, Alpha channels, key frames etc)
- Working knowledge of AVID and Pro Tools / Audio Software highly desirable
- Must be comfortable taking direction from both editors and producers
- Must have strong abilities to multitask projects without close monitoring
- Knowledge of video and audio codecs + General tech savvy
We thank everyone for applying, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
|Tags:||editing, television, assistant, avid, adobe, premiere, after effects,|
|Posted:||May 03, 2021|
|Compensation:||Compensation commensurate with experience|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|