Director External Productions-Podcast (French Services)
Job FamilyProgramming (TV-Radio-Web)
Position Language Requirement French Only
Language Skill Level (Reading) -
Language Skill Level (Writing) -
Language Skill Level (Speaking) -
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Strategy, Content Licensing and Audience Development, you will be responsible for developing, producing, acquiring and promoting digital audio content developed with independent producers, international co-producers and other Radio-Canada partners.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop the programming strategy for external digital audio content;
- Identify, select and implement the best podcast proposals and develop a content promotion strategy consistent with management objectives;
- Acquire and manage proposal submissions from independent producers;
- Implement the content marketing, distribution and promotion strategy in conjunction with other Radio-Canada departments
- Help develop and evolve the editorial agenda of digital audio properties;
- Identify opportunities and manage new business models for production, distribution, promotion or monetization;
- Prospect for new target audiences, identify trends and implement audience acquisition strategies;
- Assess external productions;
- Manage your department’s teams and financial/production resources in an agile, flexible and innovative way.
We are looking for a candidate with the following
- University degree in communications or equivalent along with eight (8) or more years’ experience in a related field
- Proven ability in audiovisual production and project management
- Proven ability to build partnerships and strong relationships with independent producers and other external partners
- Business development acumen
- Very strong communication and influencing skills, coupled with sound judgment
- Strategic vision and highly innovative mindset
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
1400, Boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||May 12, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)