Marketing Communications Specialist
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing
many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk,
whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the
growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations,
and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities.
We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life
balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one
of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about
power in all we do.
- The basic purpose of this role is to provide expert marketing communications consultation,
publications, and promotional activities and programs
- Provides expert level planning and organization for major, multi-faceted marketing
specialists and staff on marketing communication strategies, tactics and corporate policies.
Prepares, presents and revises strategic marketing communication plans and campaign briefs;
analyzes research and market intelligence. Presents creative concepts to clients and provides
guiding comments to ensure clients consider and endorse the most appropriate concepts. Acts as
liaison between creative team and clients, maintaining strong relationships and resolving issues
as required. Ensures campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and within project scope.
Reviews marketing communication efforts against corporate objectives utilizing research tracking
and professional evaluation techniques.
- Identifies the need for internal and external resources such as advertisers, sponsors, writers,
negotiates, contracts and coordinates their work; follows up to expedite creative progress, pre-
production, print production, delivery and distribution. Ensures defined quality targets and
standards are met and that campaigns are delivered on time and within budget. Reviews and
approves invoices for contract services within level of signing authority. Prepares, tracks and
reconciles annual budgets for marketing communication expenditures for assigned areas of
- Researches, writes and edits for a range of marketing communication media such as
corporate style and standards, space requirements, and other specifications determined by the
- Provides technical advice and direction to the Advertising Planning team. Performs as required
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the value of the
- Completion of a diploma in Marketing Management with a Marketing Communications option
- A minimum of five years of experience in the planning and coordination of multi-faceted
experience has been gained in an advertising firm or public relations company. Satisfactory
performance on this job requires approximately one additional year to acquire the knowledge and
skills necessary to perform the full scope of the job.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills are required.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
- This is a one (1) year full-time temporary opportunity
- We’re looking for a digital savvy marketer, who understands the complex world of digital
channels, platforms, strategies and targeting, the ability to develop, implement and manage SEM
campaigns, and has experience within Google Analytics to set up multi-channel campaign tracking
- The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable on multichannel media buys (including print,
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation
to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we
invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your
certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the
necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Date Posted: 2021-05-17 Closing Date: 2021-05-28
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||May 20, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)