The Meeting House
Live Production Technical Producer
About The Meeting House
We feel God is calling us into a new vision: Introducing spiritually curious people to the Jesus-centred life through a movement of Jesus-centred churches. What does that mean? Through our Meeting House sites and expressions across Southern Ontario and the Jesus Collective network, our desire is to honour God by proclaiming the irreligious message of Jesus and fostering loving communities of fully committed Christ-followers in a way that makes sense for that local context. We are all about Jesus first, which we believe results in our values of peace, simplicity, community, and mission. We are reimagining what it would look like to be a church that is fully activated for mission and engaging the spiritually curious around us. We are committed to evangelism and kingdom growth within our existing footprint and uniting with other Jesus-centred churches to amplify our Kingdom impact beyond our footprint in ways we have not imagined before. We need people who share excitement about this spirit-led vision and want to contribute their gifts, skills, expertise, and heart to this transformation! Check out our website for more details: www.themeetinghouse.com .
The Live Production Technical Producer is responsible for understanding the vision and direction from Senior Pastors, Leadership Team and Teaching Team and translating this into creative, innovative production experiences, and for developing the overall live production capacity of The Meeting House (including technical competency, experience, technological capability, experienced volunteer and freelancer base, etc) so that we can effectively fulfill our vision. This person oversees the live production team, and empowers this team to support and fulfill our organizational vision, in creative, innovative and relevant ways.
· Fully aligned with the message, mission and ministry strategy of The Meeting House
- Maintain and model a spiritually thriving relationship with Jesus
- Spiritual maturity with a passion for reaching the spiritually curious with the message of Jesus
- Fully aligned with the current vision and brand guidelines for The Meeting House
- Extensive knowledgeable in live video production (multi-camera shoots, set dec & lighting, crew direction & training)
- Experience and knowledge in current live broadcast and livestream technology
- Ability and experience to manage a team to complete multiple projects on time and on budget
- Ability to liaison with senior staff and teams to fully understand vision and direction and to translate this into creative, innovative and on-brand production experiences
- Experience mentoring and developing team members to increase capacity and work with them to develop a large volunteer and freelance network to help us achieve our organizational goals
- Experience managing volunteers and freelancers and giving creative feedback and direction to fully utilize their skills and passion while maintaining brand and goal alignment
- Work with Senior Pastors, Teaching Team and Leadership team to fully understand vision and direction and to translate this into creative, innovative and on brand production experiences
- Oversee the live production team, to ensure innovative, creative, relevant innovative execution of any live-to-air, live-to-tape, multi-cam production and/or event in creative collaboration with other relevant staff including Sunday live-stream, Afterparty Podcast (and other new podcasts), musical worship pre-record and other events like Town Hall, Leaders Day, etc. (and new innovative yet to be defined projects)
- Develop the strategy and creative vision for live productions (including sets, lighting, camera angles etc) that align with our vision and brand framework (Being Us On Purpose)
- Help The Meeting House reach a point of technical competency, experience, and technological capability that is on par with other large churches and organizations in our sector
- Once we have established a level of comparability with other organizations in our sector, lean into our brand proposition of “creativity and innovation” to help us achieve our vision and communicate our message in a relevant way
- Build efficient systems that support all live video production at The Meeting House that also minimizes post-production, and establish and document a unified production philosophy for The Meeting House
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership and Communications Managers team to develop creative ideas and strategies and ensure alignment and synergy with other communication initiatives
- Oversee the live production team, and help create development positive creative culture and learning plans for the team and each individual
- In coordination with facilities and Oakville team, develop the plan and oversee the overall technology and equipment, including purchasing and maintenance (video, audio, lighting and production equipment and systems)
- Provide resourcing advice to the Rentals team related to live production
- Other responsibilities, as needed
Reports to: Communications Director (Accountability the Senior Pastors in terms of vision and ministry alignment particularly related to the Sunday Livestreaming)
Direct Reports: Live Production Manager
What We Offer
You will lead and work alongside amazing people in our community who love Jesus and are learning to put into practice what it means to follow Him. You will join a staff team who genuinely care for each other, love what they do and strive to work to the best of their abilities. None of us are superstars; we just try to authentically follow Jesus together. We are a fast-paced organization and are willing to try new things and experiment if we think something else will be more effective. We often fail first before finding what works best.
We offer a competitive benefits and RRSP plan, encourage and support professional development and continued learning, and provide the technological tools required to do the job, including a laptop and smartphone.
Location is flexible! This person can work from home, the office or from the local coffee shop – wherever makes sense for meetings, planning and getting administrative tasks done.
We believe that the body of Christ is unified when each of us is encouraged, recognized, and able to serve out of our gifts, and that the church is at its best when church leadership represents the communities in which we serve. At The Meeting House, we want to do better. We strongly encourage women and men, and people of all ethnicities and abilities who love Jesus and are aligned with our vision and values, to consider applying for a staff role.
We strive to achieve equality in the workplace, which means no one will be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to fit for a role. We also understand employment equity means more than treating individuals in the same way but requires special measures and the accommodation of differences. In this way, we are following Jesus in our hiring practices to create a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the body of Christ.
|Category:||Admin / HR|
The Meeting House
2700 Bristol Circ
Oakville, ON, CA
|Tags:||Live stream, production, creative|
|Posted:||May 21, 2021|
|Compensation:||Compensation commensurate with experience|