CBC - Montreal
Quality Assurance Developer (French Services)
Job FamilyMedia Production
Why work at CBC/Radio-Canada?
When you come to CBC/Radio-Canada, you’re not only joining the undisputed leader in expressing Canadian culture – you’re also participating in its digital revolution. Here, you’ll actively contribute to creating innovative projects on our major platforms and will find a stimulating, state-of-the-art and team-focused work environment.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
What will your role be?
We are looking for a QA developer that will support and help us in the Scoop! optimization and stabilization. Scoop! Is our in-house CMS, that manages online publications and contents for our web and digitals platforms. This is a critical mandate, because this tool is used by journalists and webmasters all over the country.
You will be in charge of the creation and the automation of tests for this system. You will have to participate in the integration of these tests into our continuous development process and monitor their proper functioning. You will also have to work with the project manager to plan the implementation of the tests and the implementation of the different test environments (integrated, load, performance, etc.). At Radio-Canada/CBC, the quality of our products is very important and you will be asked to collaborate with different stakeholders to develop a quality solution for our customers.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Conduct feasibility analysis of test cases for your project.
- Create test cases in our testing cycle management tool (Testrail).
- Automate test cases made by QA analysts from the UI of our application using tools such as, Cypress, Selenium, Robot Framework or other similar ones in order to meet the project requirements.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience as Quality Analyst
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience with tests automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium, TestComplete, Test Studio, Appium, Ranorex Studio, Robot Framework, etc
- Good understanding of development processes through testing, as well as continuous integration/continuous deployment workflows using Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Knowledge on API endpoint testing, an asset
- Use of tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA, an asset
- Knowledge of Test Rail, an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in French and functional knowledge of written and spoken English, an asset
As well, it is important to distinguish that this is not a consulting mandate, but rather a regular, long-term opportunity as an employee with Radio-Canada, complete with competitive benefits.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
CBC - Montreal
1400, Boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||May 25, 2021|
|Closing:||Jul 08, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)