St. John's, NL
Summer Student - Producer
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Reporting to the Manager, Eastlink Community TV, NL, the Student Producer will have strong communication skills, a basic proficiency with video editing software and various camera systems. This position will be exposed to all areas of production and will be given the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills while providing hands-on assistance with production projects from end to end.
Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Shoot and edit community television programs using a variety of camera systems and editing platforms
- Assist in setup and teardown of live productions
- Perform various production roles during live production, including camera operation, graphics duties and audio mixing
- Host and provide narration for television programming
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health and Safety Act
- Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines
- Television production or photography experience is an asset
- Previous television volunteer experience an asset
- Creative thinking, enthusiastic team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with non-linear Avid editors
- Experience with storytelling and script writing
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual production
- Being bilingual would be considered an asset but not required for the job
- A valid Newfoundland & Labrador driver’s license with good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos)
- Reside within the local cable system network
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
5 Water Street
St. John's, NL, CA
|Posted:||Jun 03, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)