Candidate Database: Digital Reporter/Editor (French Services)
Job Family:Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
- Pitch innovative stories and digital/social treatments.
- Perform desk reporting tasks, including recording interviews for broadcast.
- Arrange and conduct interviews.
- Create content for all digital platforms, including mobile and social media.
- Write stories for all digital platforms.
- Interact with the audience.
- Keep up to date on the changing digital landscape.
- Edit photos, video and audio for use on digital platforms.
- Curate the lineup and vet digital articles written by peers.
- Develop content, including researching, writing and/or editing. Seek and interview potential guests. As required, commission writing and/or research by others. Prepare background and scripts.
- Develop and maintain contacts with sources to ensure current knowledge of issues and events.
Please note that this is a temporary position of less than 13 weeks (on-call, part-time).
- University degree in journalism OR equivalent work experience in digital journalism
- At least three years’ experience in digital journalism
- Thorough understanding of CBC/Radio-Canada’s Journalistic Standards and Practices
- Experience working with social media tools and gathering user-generated content
- Proven critical-thinking skills and news judgment in high-pressure situations
- History of breaking news and quick turnarounds
- Track record of quickly turning complex issues into a steady flow of compelling news stories
- Proven commitment to delivering information on digital platforms
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of key social issues in the region
- Excellent writing, editing and digital production skills, including story packaging
- Experience with headline writing, vetting, copy editing and SEO
- Knowledge of the strategies associated with various social media platforms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work flexible hours in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment, often in unexpected overtime situations
- A streak of independence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience filing access to information requests that yield news on a regular basis (asset)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Experience working on large digital projects (asset)
- Experience working in a broadcasting environment (asset)
- Bilingualism (English and French)
Please include a link to samples of your work in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
42 W St Peter Blvd
Caraquet, NB, CA
|Posted:||Jun 29, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)