Practice Lead Frontend (French Services)
Job FamilyMedia Production
Position Language Requirement French Only
Language Skill Level (Reading) -
Language Skill Level (Writing) -
Language Skill Level (Speaking) -
Status of Employment Contract
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Why work at CBC/Radio-Canada?
When you come to CBC/Radio-Canada, you’re not only joining the undisputed leader in expressing Canadian culture – you’re also participating in its digital revolution. Here, you’ll actively contribute to creating innovative projects on our major platforms and will find a stimulating, state-of-the-art and team-focused work environment.
What will your role be?
Our team has grown significantly over the past few months, and we’re now looking for a second Front-End Practice Lead to support the Technical Producer, Digital Products, as well as the Front-End Practice Lead already on staff.
The front-end developer team is currently over 25 people strong, and you’ll be the immediate supervisor of about 15 of them! We’re seeking a manager who still has a foot in the technical side and likes that aspect of the job — even if it’s not necessarily hands-on every day!
Working with Radio-Canada Digital Media means being on the front line of innovative products like ICI TOU.TV, OHdio, Radio-Canada.ca, the news and sports apps, as well as our Olympics coverage platforms. Everything is done in-house here, and our employees are the ones who benefit!
What will your responsibilities be?
- Ensure the smooth operation and evolution of good technology practices in your field of expertise — front-end development.
- Working with your Technical Producer and fellow Front-End Practice Lead, guide technology choices as well as the training plans needed to implement those choices.
- Oversee the hiring of talent in your field of expertise; support the hiring process in related fields.
- Be responsible for onboarding new talent in their respective teams.
- Assist the Technical Producer in assigning staff to projects.
- Monitor your employees’ progress and engage in coaching/mentoring activities.
- Evangelize your expertise with other units within Digital Media.
- Help promote Digital Media internally and externally.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following:
- Deep knowledge of front-end software development using React, Node.js, Docker, HTML, CSS and other tools
- 15 or more years’ experience on the job market
- 10 or more years’ experience as a developer, architect or technical lead
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience managing a team
- Ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to make technical concepts understandable to non-experts
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, work independently and take initiative
- Thoroughness, independence and strong sense of ownership
- Fluency in French and functional knowledge of English (spoken and written) an asset
Technology environment (here’s what you’ll be working with):
- React/Redux, CSS
- GraphQL (asset)
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract position, renewable annually.
As well, it is important to distinguish that this is not a consulting mandate, but rather a regular, long-term opportunity as an employee with Radio-Canada, complete with competitive benefits.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
1400, Boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||Jul 08, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)