Senior Developer - Data Engineering
Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people first, customer obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion platform empowers digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
The Data Engineering team enables other teams by creating the ecosystem upon which data processing is built. It is a small but growing team with lots of opportunities to interact with other team across the Engineering department.
A little bit about you:
- You love building data pipelines that consume customer events and data, clean up the data, and make the data available for our Machine Learning teams and Data Analysts
- You enjoy mentoring less experienced members of your team and helping them grow their technical skills
- You enjoy working as part of a team. Your success is the success of the team.
- You are not afraid of taking initiative; asking for advice, taking on new work, improving existing documentation - these things start with you.
- You own your work - from idea to deployment, you’ll take your projects all the way.
We believe the ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Writing high quality production-level Python and SQL
- Large data tooling such as Spark or Airflow
- Creating cloud infrastructure for large data stores, including traditional databases like MySQL and Postgres, and file-based data lakes such as S3
- Proficiency in database management, data warehouse design and distributed systems
- API development and consumption - we tend to develop using REST APIs
- Containerized data processing infrastructure such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Bash/Linux CLI and Make
- Event Stream based data collection and processing, such as Kafka
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop ETL pipelines and supporting infrastructure for data-driven insights.
- Build out our raw data lakes as well as derived data lakes.
- Writing infrastructure as code for an assortment of AWS services, including RDS, S3, EKS (Kubernetes manifests), Kinesis and MSK
- Contribute to our Analyst and Data Science enablement ecosystems by building tooling and pioneering best practices.
- Help build Platform systems that facilitate bringing our Machine Learning based Insights to customers.
- Grow technical skills within and outside the team through code reviews, pairings, demos etc.
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer Day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
400-401 West Georgia
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Sep 28, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)