Cable Public Affairs Channel - CPAC
Make a difference with a team that’s passionate about connecting Canadians with their democratic institutions. The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is Canada’s window on parliament, politics and public affairs. As Canada’s only national, bilingual media outlet focused exclusively on politics, we are unique in the Canadian media landscape. We are looking for a creative media professional to join our innovative and nimble team as a Graphics Designer.
CPAC is seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual who will create engaging visual content including videos, graphics, and amazing motion design assets. You will contribute at all phases of the creative process and work on a wide swath of projects from broadcast design to producing promotional content for traditional and new media platforms.
- Produce world-class broadcast design and visual effects. Create 2D and 3D motion graphics and animations incorporating live video content for station branding, show intros, bumpers, snipes, and lower thirds.
- Create show logos, graphic elements, marketing materials, ads, posters, etc.
- Develop multimedia campaigns featuring eye-catching motion graphics and innovative designs for web and social media.
- Provide creative input into all communications and marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the overall development of the CPAC brand and sub-brands in collaboration with agencies and freelancers and ensure consistency with the approved visual identities and brand standards.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with the development team to translate complex ideas into clear messaging and enticing visuals that capture the attention of the intended audiences.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills and experience required):
- Proven experience designing for video including at least 2 years of relevant television experience.
- Possesses an excellent visual sense of composition.
- Highly creative, with an eye for design and a range of skills in design including video, animation, VFX, etc.
- Self-motivated and deadline driven, with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively while working on multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Solid organizational skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workflow, at times working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – develop and maintains positive work relationships with co-workers, supervisors and talent.
- Immersed in broadcast and multi-platform design and on top of the latest design trends and developments.
- Able to optimize content for various platforms including TV, social media, web, and print.
- Expert skill set with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Cinema 4D and other video graphics software.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
This is a full time, regular position with competitive benefits.
You must submit a demo reel with your resume in order to be considered for this position.
Please submit your application, including demo reel to:
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Human Resources
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Cable Public Affairs Channel - CPAC
1750-45 O’connor Street
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 08, 2021|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|