Bell Media Inc.
News Director CFTK-TV
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: News Director, CFTK-TV, Bell Media
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Bell Media has a unique opportunity for someone who loves broadcasting, has a passion for news and is looking to grow their career in a leadership position with our CFTK – TV news team. Located at our studios in Terrace, the News Director will lead a team of radio and television reporters and anchors covering the Northwest BC region from Haida Gwaii to Burns Lake.
- Leading and coaching the Radio/TV news team in daily tasks in Terrace for the Northwest Region of B.C
- Shoot, edit and produce stories for television, radio and the web on a daily basis
- Reading news, weather and sports on the radio
- Attend news events, chasing stories and following up on files
- Weekly or monthly attendance at meetings for area governments or boards
- Ability to find local or regional angle to provincial and national stories
- Develop community contacts
- Keep files up to date and other duties as assigned
- Operate within the guidelines of ethical and moral business practice; working knowledge of CRTC broadcast standards and RTNDA code of ethics
- Attend municipal government, school district and regional district meetings weekly or monthly
- Anchoring, building the newscast and newsroom vacation coverage on occasion
- Other related duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
- Three years’ experience as a Video Journalist
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and direct the news team in a professional manner. Prior newsroom leadership experience a definite asset
- The ability to support remote team members as part of a regional Television and Radio team
- A solid on-air delivery
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Above average organizational skills
- Mature, calm and professional manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven display of initiative
- Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect and mature judgment
- Experience and knowledge of Burli Software, or similar newsroom system
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 Drivers’ Licence with a clean drivers’ abstract is a requirement for this position
- Strong references
Bell Media Inc.
4625 Lazelle Avenue
Terrace, BC, CA
|Tags:||Video Journalist, broadcast, newsroom, newscast|
|Posted:||Oct 20, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)