Corner Brook, NL
Master Control OperatorFeatured
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
What you will do…
- Scheduling of community channel programming using Broadview Software.
- Translation of station’s block schedules into regular daily schedules within Broadview.
- Creation of all data elements to create a full schedule.
- Insertion of interstitial programming (breaks) as per accepted standards and requirements.
- Reconciliation of BV logs by required deadlines and prepare reports accordingly as required.
- Provide TV Guide, Gracenote and Rovi with accurate weekly program schedules and corrections as required.
- Ensure accurate information is entered in Broadview for translation to the Rogers tv’s web site.
- Timely exports of schedules from BV to MaestroVision (Automated Master Control System).
- Complete end to end playback of programs ensuring technical standards are met, CRTC procedures are followed, and programs are properly logged.
- Ingest programs and traffic items using prescribed methods, carry out QC procedures and maintain accurate disposition of original recordings if necessary.
- Groom the playback schedule to ensure they are complete and error free using MaestroVision automation system.
- Respond to scheduling changes promptly and advise appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Work closely with and support the producer during live events, ie. by routing live feeds within MaestroVision and by promptly reporting incidents and abnormalities in programming and live transmissions.
- Use the incident reporting system(FIT) to ensure the integrity of programming and Master Control.
- Manage and oversee community message board in Corner Brook and Port Aux Basques.
- Other duties as assigned by direct or senior management.
- Adhere to all legal and policy requirements under Health and Safety Legislation.
What you will bring…
- Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Initiative.
- Role-Specific Competencies: Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgement, Achievement Orientation, Listening, Understanding and Responding.
- Ability to work to exacting standards and handle the stress related to multiple program switching and feeds is required.
- Proficiency and experience with broadcast automation and production software.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, file management.
- Knowledge of various video formats, aspect ratios, audio transmission, and digital video monitoring equipment.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work variable shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
4 Mt. Bernard Ave Po Box 1137
Corner Brook, NL, CA
|Posted:||Nov 10, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)