ZNews Videographer/Host (on camera position)
ZoomerMedia is a dynamic and creative organization, where employees have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative brand of media development.
As an integral member of the ZoomerNews team, you will be responsible for hosting, shooting and editing television news stories, lifestyle, health & fitness features, radio news and various other productions as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Broadcast Journalism/Media or equivalent experience
- Experience in news production for television & radio is a definite asset
- Strong knowledge of professional video cameras, sound, lighting and newswriting
- Thorough knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Premiere
- Demonstrate video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- On air experience and live presentation experience an asset
- Have a creative mind and excellent storytelling skills
- Working knowledge of new media video formats such as: MXF, OMF, MPEG, Quick Time, Etc.
- Works independently, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and quick turnaround
- Displays advance camera operating ability, creative eye and attention to detail
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and operates company vehicle
Position Responsibilities & Characteristics:
- A self-contained unit responsible to host, report, shoot and edit news stories and features for our various TV channels, radio stations and suite of websites
- Responsible for operating and maintaining ZoomerMedia ENG & studio equipment
- Pitches fresh, original stories
- Must be able to multi-task, deliver great content under tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Extremely reliable, responsible, and have a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional off-hours and weekends
- Maintain high quality standards, including adherence to ZoomerMedia policies, procedures, brand and ZoomerMedia technical standards
Learn more about all ZoomerMedia channels & platforms at
Application Process: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, headshot, and demo reel to email@example.com clearly identifying ZNews Videographer in the subject line, to HR by 5 pm Friday, Dec 10th 2021.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those being considered for this role. ZoomerMedia is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to the Ontario legislation regarding workplace accessibility and will provide reasonable accommodation during our recruitment process.
70 Jefferson Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 25, 2021|