BuzzFeed Canada #9297
Video Producer BuzzFeed CanadaFeatured
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed Canada is looking for a creative and resourceful video producer to create compelling viral content for our social channels.
You’ll be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. An aesthetic eye is a must, and knowledge of food content is preferred.
You'll develop, produce, edit and star in editorial video content on a weekly basis, ensuring it is published across as many platforms as possible. You’ll independently produce social content, write compelling copy, create thumbnails, and use data and insights to learn and iterate on everything you publish.
The ideal candidate will have a background in independent video production, an obsession with storytelling, and will understand how to optimize video content for different social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube.
This role is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. The minimum salary for this role for is $52,000 CAD.
This is a fixed-term role running for approximately 7.5 months.
- Be responsible for generating engaging and viral content on a weekly basis and publish across multiple platforms
- Be responsible for ideating, planning, researching, shooting, editing and finishing editorial content, including social copy
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once in various stages
- Be comfortable and confident appearing on camera
- Be open to helping other teams with shoots, appearing in their videos and other branded campaigns if needed
- Apply video learnings to inspire virality, new formats, and valuable integrations for branded partnerships
- Sometimes work within our branded process, including internal and client feedback and revisions
- Experiment and reiterate on past successes, and be interested in analyzing the results of your work
- Engage with the latest internet trends and social platforms and have the ability to adapt accordingly
- Support the ideation and production of food content for BuzzFeed’s food vertical, Tasty
- Be able to work and produce content remotely as well as in our Toronto studio
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- Have a professional understanding of linear editing programs such as Premiere Pro and Final Cut and have a rapid editing workflow
- Have a great understanding of DSLR cameras as well as Canon C100/C300’s, lenses, lighting, and beyond, and the ability to use these tools to create premium content
- An efficient editing workflow to ensure projects are cut as efficiently as possible
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to incorporate feedback into your work
- The ability to juggle multiple projects seamlessly with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with commercial clients and the ability to be client-facing
- Experience working with food and drink with the ability to generate concepts inspired by diverse cuisines
- The skills and experience to make food look tasty on camera
- A “No Haters!’ mentality
FYI — job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
|Category:||Film / Video|
BuzzFeed Canada #9297
270 Wellington Street West
|Posted:||Dec 21, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)