Fall for Dance North Inc. (FFDN)
Fall for Dance North is Toronto’s premier dance festival and an Ontario not-for-profit organization and registered charity. Founded in response to the crucial need to fortify the dance audience of the future, FFDN has been attracting new audiences to experience a diverse, world-class dance festival of established and emerging talent from Toronto, Canada and around the globe through accessible ticket prices since the first season in 2015. FFDN aims to support Canada’s professional dance community, create an inclusive atmosphere and inspire and educate new audiences and seasoned dance patrons.
Salary/Fee: $52,000 annual salary. Full-time permanent position
Other Benefits: health benefits, monthly internet contribution, performance tickets, professional development opportunities, flexible work schedule, company laptop for use, paid vacation
Hours/Schedule: This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Please note that some evening/weekend work may be required, particularly during festival time.
About the Role:
The Communications Manager will work closely with the Marketing Director, Director of Advancement and Artistic Director to ensure the consistent implementation of the organization’s brand voice in all public facing communications. This team member will act as the central hub for all organizational content needs, including the coordination of all content collection from festival artists, organizing original photo/video shoots and preparing assets for use in festival materials. They will lead all content updates on the festival website, with assistance from the Marketing Director. They will also act as main liaison with FFDN’s PR agency, Murray Paterson Marketing Group, and ensure the smooth roll out of all festival media relations campaigns. This position will work to harmonize messaging across various festival departments with an eye for audience and donor engagement. They will additionally manage and maintain content management systems and will support the Marketing and Advancement Directors with any related tasks as needed.
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as main liaison with FFDN’s Public Relations agency, Murray Paterson Marketing Group, to ensure the smooth roll out of the annual program announcement and festival PR campaigns
- Assist with event listing content writing and distribution during off festival time
- Coordinate content collection for press kits
- Catalogue and disseminate press features to staff in a timely manner
- Work with the Marketing Director and Artistic Director to ensure consistent implementation of brand voice, including but not limited to:
- Website language and communications
- FFDN Foxtrot Newsletter
- Customer facing ticketing communications
- Social Media campaigns alongside FFDN’s Digital Content Specialist
- Audience outreach packages
- Work with the Marketing Director to strategize and improve brand consistency across all e-marketing and ticketing communications, with an eye for audience segmentation
- Draft and coordinate the publication of the Fall for Dance North Newsletter, FOXTROT. Assist with other newsletters, as necessary
- Coordinate with staff to ensure all festival communications are written in a manner that is inclusive of diverse audience perspectives
- Work with the Marketing and Advancement Directors to ensure consistency in communications between public facing and donor/ private/ corporate facing language
- Establish a writing style guide for the organization
- Be the central hub for all festival content needs, work with Marketing team to meet festival content deadlines
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing Director, and other staff, to find content solutions for communications challenges
- Manage all content collection from festival artists through the distribution and coordination of artist and PR questionnaires
- Coordinate all photo/ video shoots, and obtain artist approvals
- Manage storage and organization of all content, both written and visual, in google drive, in a way that is easily accessible for team members
- Ensure content naming conventions follow SEO best practices
- Work with the Marketing Director and Web Development team to test all public facing aspects of website in anticipation of announcements and releases;
- Lead website content updates, using custom CMS (Storyblok), with assistance from Marketing Director
- Prepare visual assets for digital publishing, social media, partner packages, etc. in a timely manner
- Archive digital and audience generated content, including website, during festival time
- Support Marketing Director with related tasks
- Coordinate data tracking to support post-festival reporting
- Manage sales of advertising space in program magazine
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in communications, arts administration, fundraising or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an editorial and/or communications capacity
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and a passion for the performing arts
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft office suite, Google drive and cloud-based file sharing applications
- Strong knowledge of and experience with CMS softwares, Storyblok an asset
- Customer service experience highly appreciated
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with an ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve, embrace flexibility and versatility, while working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
Fall for Dance North (FFDN) is Toronto’s premier international dance festival. The 7th annual festival took place from September 10 - October 29, 2021 in a hybrid (online/offline) format.
FFDN’s mission is to elevate the popularity of dance by presenting a diverse, world-class dance festival of established and emerging talent from Toronto, Canada and around the globe through accessible ticket prices. FFDN aims to support Canada’s professional dance community, create an inclusive atmosphere and inspire and educate new audiences and seasoned dance patrons. To learn more about FFDN and its team members please visit https://www.ffdnorth.com/info/about-us
FFDN’s offices are located at 20 Dundas St. West, 9th floor. Staff continue to work remotely with some in person meetings and gatherings in accordance with government issued workplace health and safety guidelines. Please note that some evening and weekend work may be required, particularly during festival time.
In accordance with FFDN’s COVID-19 Policy, all Employees are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the latest guidelines. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply:
Fall for Dance North is committed to equity, accessibility, diversity and inclusion in our programming, as an employer, and as a presenter in the community. FFDN is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment / selection processes and work environment. We are committed to building a diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Please send a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest for this position and your CV/resume (PDF format only) no later than February 10, 2022 5pm (EST) to: email@example.com.
Subject line: Communications Manager. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your application.
FFDN thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. During the recruitment process, applicants may request accommodation at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-907-4334. Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the application deadline.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Fall for Dance North Inc. (FFDN)
15 CASE GOODS LANE, STUDIO 306
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Publicity, PR, Communications, Online|
|Posted:||Jan 09, 2022|
|Closing:||Feb 10, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|