The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Jan 24, 2022!
Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration and excellence.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Broadcast Operator who, as part of our Broadcast and Recording Service Branch, in Toronto, ON, will provide live television and audio coverage of the proceedings of the House and Committees of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Operate and routinely maintain electronic apparatus used to broadcast live coverage of the proceedings of the House and Committees
- Digitally record proceedings to provide a cue track for Hansard transcription
- Demonstrate the utmost tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in a politically sensitive environment
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding, and team-orientated environment, while ensuring the broadcast quality of audio and video recordings, and install, operate, and check the performance of equipment, including setting up remote audio, video and streaming
- Operate the microphone console, monitor and adjust PA levels, and operate remote camera control systems, Video switchers, graphics software and/or equipment in a Master Control environment
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Training achieved from at least two (2) years of post-secondary education in broadcasting, and at least six (6) months of related/on-the-job experience setting up and operating audio, television, lighting equipment, and off-line editing
- Knowledge of character generators, VTRs, servers, master control, and setting up television and lighting facilities
- Basic understanding of non-linear video editing and computer graphics systems
- Working knowledge of computers, specifically word-processing and basic graphics/video-editing programming
- Ability to be a team player, flexible and adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and install broadcast cables and equipment
- Enjoyment of watching political debates and keen interest in, and knowledge of, current affairs
If you join our team, you can expect:
- A comprehensive benefit and pension package
- A dynamic work environment
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development
Salary Range: $58,029 to $80,306 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details. File No.: LA-2022-02 Closing Date: Monday, January 24, 2022
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Legislative Assembly of Ontario
99 Wellesley St. West, Whitney Block, Rm 2420
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 11, 2022|
|Closing:||Jan 24, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)