Broadcast Programming Coordinator
If you have experience in broadcast media and want to be part of a growing commercial television station committed to positive, family-friendly entertainment programming, we invite you to apply to YES TV for a 13–14-month contract in the position of: Programming Coordinator
YES TV is looking for a Programming Coordinator to execute the daily operations of the programming department in support of three conventional over-the-air broadcast stations, focusing primarily on acquisition, listings, and conditions of license management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in media or broadcasting studies.
- 2-5 years experience working for a broadcaster or broadcast media support/operations (or agency buyer background) with practical hands-on experience with broadcast management software
- Thorough understanding of CRTC broadcast rules and regulations. Experience using SLECT communication tools.
- Understanding of inter-connectivity and level of communication required between programming, broadcast traffic, media services, media library, MCR, accessibility, finance, marketing, sales, distributors, and internal/ external producers.
- Proficient with SDS broadcast enterprise system, or other traffic system.
- Proficient with Infosys TV+ (NLogic software).
- Thorough knowledge of simulcast process, SLECT communication tool
- Good knowledge of broadcast terminology, interpreting Numeris data, and understanding of broadcast workflow and interdependencies.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding and working knowledge of broadcast research.
Areas of Responsibility:
- In conjunction with YES TV management, generate audience projections and rate cards for YES TV and indieNET
- Provide research analytics, performance reports and insights to pertinent YES TV internal and the external teams, including but not limited to external sales team, ministry clients, and Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
Assist with the execution of daily programming duties including but not limited to the following:
- Execution of programming strategy (scheduling content in SDS, monitoring regulatory requirements (Conditions of license)
- Distribute weekly listings, Numeris PROL schedules, Weekly Schedule Highlights, coordinating necessary assets for listings
- Assist with simulcast substitution process, monitoring, and communicating with BDUs via SLECT CRTC Slack channel
- Assist with reporting (SOCAN, CMF, CRTC, Acquisition Rights, COL, Missing CANREC)
- Foster relationships with third party listing companies, NLogic, Numeris, Simsub BDU Managers/Operators, CMF, SOCAN, CRTC
- Assist with quality assurance process for all in-house and independent productions commissioned, produced and/or acquired by YES TV.
- Coordinate interdepartmental collaboration efforts with sales, traffic, MCR, and promotions.
- Fill in as backup to the Broadcast Coordinator for inter-departmental meetings with distributors/producers, finance, media services, and accessibility
- Other duties as required.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Programming and Research
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Very strong detail and organizational skills
- Analytical thinker
- Problem solver
- Excellent time management
Work Environment and Benefits
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment, with remote work opportunities.
- YES TV works closely with our sister company, Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. which shares our workspace. www.crossroads.ca
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services and are critical to our dynamic and growing station
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Applications internally and externally will be considered.
YES TV is an Employment Equity Employer.
1295 North Service Road
Burlington, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 20, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|