The Application Deadline for this job posting is Today May 20, 2022!
Canada Media Fund
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Bilingual Manager of Foresight & Innovation
Reporting to the Vice-President, Analytics and Strategic Insights, the CMF is seeking a Bilingual Manager of Foresight & Innovation to fill a position in the Montréal or Toronto office.
The CMF’s Analytics and Strategic Insights department is dedicated to the analysis of CMF funding & programs, content production & consumption, and the evolution of audiovisual and digital media content industries in Canada and worldwide. Data analytics, performance monitoring and foresight analysis support strategic decision-making for both internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Positions the CMF as an essential source of industry knowledge and information.
- Leads a team that consistently monitors, filters and aggregates information and data from various sources on industry and market evolutions in Canada and internationally.
- Oversees the research on key industry trends for internal CMF intelligence and external CMF publications.
- Initiates and responds to internal requests for intelligence on industry issues.
- Oversees initiatives to address gaps in equity and inclusion in data collection.
- Represents CMF on industry committees and gathers intelligence by attending key industry events.
- Reinforces the Fund’s accountability to its funding contributors and stakeholders.
- Advises senior management of key short and long-term issues.
- Supports strategic initiatives stemming from the CMF’s Business Plan including the CMF Data Strategy and fostering strategic partnerships.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Foresight & Innovation team and projects expenditures by month relative to resource allocation.
- Leads and counsels two Foresight & Innovation team members.
- Inspires, motivates and rallies team members in lateral-thinking and to deliver within established timelines.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- University degree in business, media or a relevant field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a people management position, and significant relevant professional experience demonstrating:
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian media sectors with emphasis on online, mobile and other digital platforms.
- Understanding of how the Canadian media industry’s creative, production and distribution sectors interact to build capacity, create content and export it to the global market.
- Experience with change management and implementation of innovative initiatives within an organization.
- Innovation in research design, methodologies and implementation. Expertise in research standards, data analysis and synthesis.
- Ability to distill large volumes of data into salient top-lines and determine ramifications.
- Management of multiple time-sensitive priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and solid project management expertise.
- Experience in Program Evaluation is an asset.
- Bilingualism is required: strong verbal, written and communication skills in English and French.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Temporarily remote (upon return to office this role can be worked from the following cities: Toronto or Montreal
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2022
|Category:||Admin / HR|
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Tags:||Digital Media, Content, Audiovisual|
|Posted:||May 11, 2022|
|Closing:||May 20, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|